Sending videos
foxee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can't I send videos?  What is the purpose of having all this memory if you can't use it?? UGGHH

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending videos
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to set the video quality down to MMS (176x144) before recording the video for it to be small enough to send via a mms message. Anything higher should be sent via email.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you trying to send your videos? And where? To another person? Upload to a website?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
foxee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried to send the videos to friends and family.  I have even trimmed the videos from 1:00 to 20 seconds and it still will not send.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to send them via text message or email? That was the "How" I was looking for.

0 Likes
foxee
Enthusiast - Level 1

MMS

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to set the video quality down to MMS (176x144) before recording the video for it to be small enough to send via a mms message. Anything higher should be sent via email.

0 Likes
foxee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will definitely try that.  Thanks.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

also keep in mind that there are file size limits with email as well. what ann suggested (setting quality to mms) will work great for mms'ing videos. email will work for larger sizes. however, if you record a one minute video in HD, the file size will be huge. it may not send from your phone, or it may not be recieved by the recipient (many servers have limits on attached files of 10-20 MB's and an hd video can exceed set limits real fast!!!). another thing you may consider is setting up a youtube channel or using an app like Qik. if you go this route then you can directly upload to your Qik page or youtube page (very large file sizes) and simply text whoever you want to let them know you have new videos on the page that they can view. i used to use Qik a lot because i could take an hd video, it would automatically upload to my Qik account, and then automatically share it to facebook.

Wildman
Legend

I use DropBox to get around the size limit of sharing videos and photos, I simply upload to my DropBox account and then send a link to the person that I want to xhare it with and they can download file or preview images easily.

0 Likes
Capt_Kirk

I cannot send videos of any size via email.  Is anyone else having this problem?  What's the solution?  I asked this question of customer service and the rep told me she couldn't do it either on her phone.  She was hoping the ice cream sandwich update would fix this.

0 Likes