Re: Seeking Advice on Rejecting MR2 Update
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

If You had the random reboot problem the recent update will fix this it will also get rid of the Free Hot-Spot as well. As for problems I have had the new update for over 2 weeks now and my phone runs better then ever. I had the reboot problem but it was not as bad as soem have repoted (I got 2 or 3 reboots a day some times none)

As for tuning down the update all you can realy do is keep it up eventualy the phone will stop trying to update. I had the original Droid when it first came out and had opted to drop my phone down to a normal flip phone for a short time to save some $$ 4 months later when I re activated my droid i had missed the Froyo Update and when i tried to manuely push it to my phone the phoen told me ther was no update. I called CS and they told me I missed the window to get the update and woudl have to wait untillo the next Update to receve both the original Froyo update and the new one that was coming out soon. As it turned out about a month latter I got the update and it installed the first update to my phone and then the secoudn update (Wich was a pain because I had to go threw the process twice)

Basicaly if you avoid the update long enuf it will eventualy go away but if you want GB when it comes out you will have to acept the update then.

Id advise just geting it the last thing you want is to not get it and then have it cause a problem for you with the GB update down the line....

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

hmmmmm I'm retired, I'm not good at making decisions anymore, I guess I'll play with skype a little longer then update.  Mobile Hot Spot is not that big of a deal to me yet.

Thanks to all for you thoughts on this matter.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

If I were in your situation, I probably wouldn't pay for a hotspot either, but that's the reason I got the TBolt. I can't get on the internet where I work without it. If I could use WiFi where I work, I'd save the money I'm spending for the hotspot. When you need it and use it a lot, you sometimes forget that not everyone else does. It probably does qualify as more of a luxury than a necessity and I probably don't really have to access the internet at work, but it sure makes the night go by faster. It's my drug of choice and I'm definitely addicted.

Take Care

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks pat3332.  When I first got the TB I thought I would use the hotspot for what little work I do now but found out I can accomplish the same thing using google map & earth.  I still hate to give up skype though.

Many blessings.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

AZSALUKI wrote:

pat3332....i'm not sure? i know my verizon was added and i thought some forced bookmark was added to the browser? there may not have been any other apps added?? I can't check as i no longer have the stock OS  :smileywink:

AZSALUKI and pat3332,

Along with other operating system enhancements, three Verizon preloaded applications were integrated as well.  They were My Verizon, V Cast Video and V Cast Music.

Hope I've answered your questions!

0 Likes