Roaming triangle
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

My phone has increasingly been starting up with only a roaming triangle in the signal area and, also with the teardrop icon to set system time. Is this a software failure? An app? I don't know but service will eventually kick in. Has this happened to anyone else? I would maybe think it to be the sim however, if it was the sim card it wouldn't connect at all.

0 Likes
Re: Roaming triangle
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have only seen the teardrop for the time settings when I reboot my Tbolt while in Airplane mode. You can certainly try a new SIM card especially since you can get one for free at a corporate store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Okay thanks. Haven't had it in airplane mode. Maybe its just a glitch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Lemew,

I'd like to assistance you further with your inquiry about the roaming triangle on your device! Thanks Ann154 for your helpful suggestion about trying a new sim card! It would be nice to know more details to identify if it is am app or software issue! However, where were you located at the time when seeing this icon? Were you able to make calls and receive calls? Did you try checking to see if the the device was in airplane mode? You could try offerred suggestions and/or do a soft reset to refresh your connection. Here's the steps http://bit.ly/11zMAwZ! Let me know if these suggestions help resolve the issue!

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

lemew
Contributor - Level 3

It still pops up sometimes and yes, I am eventually able to make a phone call.  It doesn't occur very often but when it does happen it is usually when the phone is powered on.  I have been in two different areas when this  has happened and both were showing good coverage.  At no time was the phone in airplane mode.  I have cleared cache, left battery out for 1/2-1 hour, and performed hard reset x2.  The triangle generally comes up after the phone has been off for a while and is followed by the set time and date icon.  After a few moments the card authenticates and the triangle and time and date notification disappear, so the card works.  Since ICS update it has happened once.  Also since the update the phone boots (vibrates x2 with a boot post) when starting up and the screen loads twice.  I also noticed 0000000000@dun.vzw3g.com in my dun nai field on programming menu.  Sometimes it's there and sometimes not.  Overall however, the update has been great and I am continuing to enjoy my phone.  Verizon customer service is great as always.  I appreciate you taking time to answer my post. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to work with us and I apologize for the delayed response, lemew.  I would like to investigate the network coverage in your area.  Can you please provide your zip code and we will get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

No problem. To whom should I send my zip code?

0 Likes