Rhyme goin down hill fast!
rocmydrm
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK so I've had my rhyme for about 2 months.  My very second smartphone, kept the 1st one less than 24 hrs.  I like the features, HOWEVER, my service is getting worse.  At first I recieved my e-mails, text all the time (when I was standing in the right spot of course { I have 1X extended service, SUCKS. Sure could use Extended 3G}) Now  I don't get anything.  My signal is getting worse. My calls are dropped, I don't get e-mails, and trying to send text messages sometime is a total joke.  I got better service with my old Samsung Convoy.  I think I could have diable something I shouldn't have when trying to save on battery power but I 'm not sure.  Got any suggestions??  Seriously thinking of giving this one to my kid and going back to the Convoy.

0 Likes
Re: Rhyme goin down hill fast!
Wildman
Legend

The one thing I noticed is that a Smartphones radio never has comparable signal strength because more power is reserved to run the device and minimize power drain due to network scanning...  Usually if a standard device just has a strong enough signal to function a smartphone may experience reception issues in the same area.

If you issue is more at you house I would look into a Verizon Network Extender to help with connection strength at home..

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?&action=gotoFemtocell

Another possibility is that a update gets released that has a updated radio that gives better reception in your area..

Hope you find a solution, Good Luck.

0 Likes
rocmydrm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked at getting an network extender, but from what I understand they do not work within an extended coverage area. 

I just flat out disappointed with service but I guess I will have to deal with it for 2 yrs. It's a **bleep** shame when I got better service in WYOMING this past fall, then I get in Berkeley Springs, WV.   

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning rocmydrm,

The HTC Rhyme is a great device that has an array of functions. As your wireless service provider, I can assure you that we will do everything we can to ensure that you have the absolute BEST wireless experience. May I ask are you having any issues making or receiving voice calls? Are there any other smartphone/devices having issues in the area? Also, what zip code are you in? There hasn't been any issues or outages reported in Berkeley Springs, WV. Below I have posted a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to improve your service.

• Turn off bluetooth and wifi when not in use.
  • Power the device off and on
  • Update the PRL by calling *228 and selecting option 2 when prompted to do so.
  • Remove any 3rd party data or signal management app from device.

Once you have completed the steps above, please reply with your results. I am eager to continue to assist if the issue isn't resolve.

Thank you...

0 Likes
rocmydrm
Enthusiast - Level 2

ArnettH,

I have turnoff Bluetooth and Wifi. Powered on and off and have updated the PRL. Tried it several times, these things do not seem to help.

I don't understand what you mean by 3rd party or siginal management apps. Don't think I have anything like that running, unless it would be gps standalone or google gps. I don't use alot of apps. and when I go to shut down what I think I can, the phone threatens me with could cause trouble with service or running the phone.

Zip Code is 25411.

Yes, I have trouble with voice calls. Places where I used to bet service on my Old Phone I can no longer or get spotty service at best with the Rhyme.

My son just got a new Samsung Illusion, he is getting service where I can't.  My signal strength is at 0, his is running around 105.

I new I should've stuck with a Samsung. 

0 Likes