Re: Rezound's ICS Update is EMBARRASSING
paulimusmaximus

I agree that this ICS update is terrible.  I just got it a few days ago, so far my problem has been that I have not been able to get onto the 3g/4g network at all.  It constantly says "turning on".  At one point it said my sim card wasn't installed, it keeps force closing things.  Most notably it says android.phone has stopped working, and it makes me force close it a bunch of time in a row.  Worst of all, the battery dies after 8 hours even if I don't use the phone.  And if I use it, it dies in less than an hour.  It's ridiculous, and I'll be annoyed if I have to factory reset and lose everything I have on the phone.

0 Likes
ToughSkinDotNet

Thanks for the information guys! I don't think I will accept the ICS update... I'm just going to wait for iOS6 and the iPhone5. I will keep my Rezound but I will either manual flash & manually add ICS if it takes the iPhone5 as long as I'm sure that it will...

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't any issues with the browser yet. I just got the update last night... I personally don't like it at all but most of it is cosmetic on my end.

My phone was actually giving me fits before I finally caved in and did the update. I felt like they set me up for failure in this way... because I like... Nothing, about the update.

0 Likes
illpacin0

If you don't think you have browser issues, then try this.

In the stock "Internet" browser, go into settings and check off on Full Site or Desktop Site, whatever it's called in ICS. Then go to Facebook (full, not mobile version) and scroll down, then down, then down, then up, then down. It's get's all choppy, flicking between blank and content, patches of lower res area pops in and out, until it finally becomes unresponsive.

I want to make sure I'm not alone in that experience, and would really be blown away if I was after having that same experience on three different Rezounds.

I'm on my fourth Rezound now, and I'll be damned if I do the update on it. There's no issues with it. It just sucks we get the half-assed ICS experience. I had a Galaxy Nexus when it first came out and ICS was amazing on it (the phone had hardware issues that couldn't be overlooked though).

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah thats the only thing I saw last night. By default now it wants to load some sort of mobile version of the website I normally visit even though the domain name is the exact same... I had to go to the settings on the page and push on 'desktop' or something like that. But it loaded the page just fine... Plus it was Deviantart.com a website for art... and it loaded up okay for me. Maybe facebook is different? I know they are both running a lot of flash now.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

flash content. have you installed adobe flash since you got a replacement. if not, it's been pulled from the market so it's too late. ICS is supposed to support flash, but there's plenty of people having issues. and why did they pull flash from the market? because it is no longer going to support mobile devices. these websites have known this for years. i don't know why everyone has just converted to html5 (or whatever the new standard is?)?

0 Likes
rramrner
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading your post - you sound just like me!! I too am on my 3 rd replacement since the stupid update. I went from having a great phone to pretty much a brick. Some of my issues have been:

• Excessive overheating
  • Non responsive phone - takes forever to open an application.
  • Slow making phone calls - again non responsive.
  • Dropped connections - including wifi
  • Browser loading - horrible!

I contacted tech support two days after doing the OTA to complain. Went through the usual "script" (battery,sd card, factory reset) still nada. Was assured I was being sent out a "new" phone that would have ICS already on it. Package came - no new phone and no ICS, just a regular recertified. Almost immediately it began the OTA update - thought great this time it would work out - guess what? NOPE!!! I can't disconnect phone calls cause the screen won't respond. Every-time I try to go into settings it tells me it encountered a problem,...seriously what the H***?! Once again I call only this time they inform me they would replace the phone with the original Galaxy...why would I downgrade and give up my awesome 8MP camera for a 5MP? If you want to trade this it should be on par with what I have. I now sit waiting for the next recertified phone to come. Do they even bother putting these phones through the QA department before sending out?.No way I'm doing the update. So glad we spent months waiting for this update and it's buggy. Waste!! After 10+ plus of being with Verizon don't so me renewing my contract again - time to shop around.

lmtesney91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, I haven't had any of those problems after updating, but I was looking forward to this great change and really when I went to Verizon about something else I even aske dthem if I had downloaded the whole thing cause there isn't much difference. Oh well no problems with my Rezound.

0 Likes
lmtesney91
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does act a little wierd on the regular facebook page through the browser. but the app does fine.

0 Likes
betthisisnottaken
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain!!! I have had numerous small problems since my update 2 days ago. My biggest is that now my phone will not connect to my home wifi (Apple), which it did before update. They offered to send me another phone at 1 point, but are out of Rezound & wanted to send a Razor. I just upgraded my phone 7 wks ago because my Thunderbolt died & now they offer me a refurbished Razor. I too have been with Verizon for quite awhile & have 3 lines, but am getting very frustrated. Best of luck Smiley Happy

0 Likes