Re: Response time is extremely slow since update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am out of contract with my Tbolt and I prefer the newer ICS update over the Gingerbread version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smdavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do a hard reset but after reading your recommendation and that of other TB users, I will give it a shot. Thank you!

0 Likes
djysrv1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think my phone is haunted. The phone icon keeps disappearing from the home page. When I go to dial a number from the keypad, the Facebook app loads.  If I bring the phone near my computer speakers, I get Morse code noises from them.

Despite a hard reset, the phone is still dog slow.  I'm eligible for an upgrade next month. I cannot wait to get out of this phone.

Despite the best intentions of HTC and Verizon, this OS has makes too many demands on the single core electronics of the Thunderbolt.  There are two and  a quarter pounds of coleslaw jammed into a two pound container.

0 Likes
gary7673
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I did the Hard reset and my Tbolt still is very slow. piss poor planning on Verizon and HTC part well no more HTC phones and looks like verizon may be out of the picture fortunatley my plan is up in a month......Thanks Verizon for wasting my money

0 Likes
MojoRyeZen

+ 1 for doing a hard reset...  fixed 95% of my issues!

0 Likes
smdavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the hard reset on Feb 20 - I am still having issues with how slow the response time is - God forbid I have an emergency phone call to make when it takes sometimes up to two minutes between the time I hit call to the time the phone actually dials.  Texts aren't going through as they should, sometimes not at all, even after resending.  I am disappointed.

0 Likes
luverofpeanuts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, as follow up to my own initial experience, I noticed that after some time, my phone still started to behave slowly and sluggish again.  So, I did another factory reset.   Not sure, but perhaps ICS is too much for the Tbolt, as others have suggested.  

While I'm out of contract, I don't like to spend money if I don't have to, so I'm tempted to root and downgrade the OS.  We'll see ... who knows.  I hate to have to think of doing such drastic action, just to get back to decent performance.

Message was edited by: luverofpeanuts ... spelling error.

0 Likes
steve700xedge

I agree  as soon as Im a little past update time  I get this ics update that I didnt want   my son got it first and ruined his phone and now mine sucks too!!! so slow things come up on touch screen that I dont touch    so long verizon!   htc maybe the phone manufaturer but this phone came out before it was ready and has been a pos since new

0 Likes
Jeffrey_Fass

It's marketing and directing the customer. The software guys certainly knew what would happen to performance.

1. Upgrade near the end of market life;

2. Wow the user with the new OS;

3. Motivate them to renew and buy a new phone.

It's like installing Windows 8 on an old 386 machine.

0 Likes