Re: Recently started not receiving texts from one person - AT&T user, also HTC One
susanand

Hi. I'm having the same problem too. I just switched from an iPhone 4S to the new LG G2 and am not receiving texts from some contacts who turn out to be on AT&T. I've done everything suggested short of a hard reboot. Contacted Apple to manually turn off iMessage, spoke to Verizon directly today. I'm still not receiving texts from my AT&T friends though they are receiving mine. I never had a problem until I used Backup Assistant and moved my contacts to my new phone. Get on it, Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Recently started not receiving texts from one person - AT&T user, also HTC One
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello d2denny
Thanks for reaching out to us. That would be a very frustrating issue. Let's get to the bottom of this. Have you tried deleting all old messages and retesting? Are you able to send and receive from others that aren't on our competitor? If so what were the results?

I look forward to working with you on this.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jjb46

We are having the same issue. We recently switched from iPhone to HTC one and are not receiving texts from an AT&T user on an iPhone. They get our texts but we dint receive theirs. We have tried using both the vz messenger and phone text app.

How can we correct this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure out what's going on here jjb46! Did you delete your Apple account from the iPhone before activating your HTC? That would be best way to start. Otherwise, please try texting STOP to 48369 and see if texts are successful. It may take 5 minutes to start working successfully.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Vspinkgirl30

This just started happening to me   One person on ATT isnt getting my texts and vice versa.  I even messaged them from my iPad which is only wifi and has no phone service and still nothing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vspinkgirl30

Sorry to hear this is happening to you! Did you recently change your equipment? Did they change their equipment? Are you currently using an HTC One or an iPhone?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hayhun

I am also having this problem the last two weeks. I have iphone with Verizon.  My sisters family have four iPhones with AT&T family account and none of them can text me. Their phones say the text was delivered to me but it wasn't. They receive my texts to any of them.  My sister deleted me as a contact and sent text via SMS to me and I did receive it!  She then added me back in as a contact and turned her imessage back on and I did receive more messages this evening.  Her husband did the identical thing and I AM NOT receiving his texts.....hmmmm. They are my day are providers and without our phones we have no contact with each other in emergency situations!  Please offer a solution to this problem or what other choice do I have?  It is an expensive venture for something that doesn't work.  What kind of a rebate can I get for a phone that still has 21 months left?  I'm not trusting it at the moment for future texts from my sister concerning my child.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hayhun, I know how crucial it is to keep in contact with your husband, especially when you have small children! Let's get your phone working. Just to clarify, do you only have this issue when the other party is using iMessage, or also when using SMS?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Hayhun

Thanks MichelleH for your response!  They were using imessage which worked up until two weeks ago. Today they shut off the imessage and strictly used SMS and it's seems to have taken care of the problem. Now I'm nervous about it because we never know for sure if it's working. When they sent messages to me via imessage, it told them I was receiving them but I wasn't. Do you know any way of preventing this?  Most of the time they all have their imessage turn on which won't allow me to receive it anymore?  Thanks for your attention!

0 Likes
kcornell6

I've read through many of these forum discussions about the same problem and "tech support" on here just keeps running through the same loop. Asking questions but with no answers. This is horrible business and you are doing your once loyal customers unjust work. Fix it

0 Likes