Recent Update
sagehornung

I never had the reboot problem but my signal did seem to drop to 1x in areas with good coverage. My GPS also took 5-10 mins to lock on to my location. These problems were fixed with the recent update (Installed on July 9th). What bothers me is that now the battery life is worse than ever. I even have the 2750 ma battery. 21 mins of talk used 18% of my battery. Just sitting there idle the phone eats up battery now. While the new update fixed some of my problems it definitely made my battery life worse than ever. Do I now need to buy a 5000 ma battery?  This is ridiculous! I was fine with the battery life using the extended battery but now my phone can't even make it through a full day. I am amazed I thought battery life was supposed to improve not get worse. Anybody else notice this problem? 

I live in San Diego on the fringe of a 4G area so I use Network Mangelow to turn off the 4G and use only CDMA auto(PRL) at home. Any suggestions? This suck! The problem started immediately after the update. I have had this phone over a month and never had battery issues with the extended battery and now I do.

0 Likes
Re: Recent Update
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I don't have lots of battery issues after new update really. I only lost battery when it rebooted anyways.
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
can't you just toggle 4g off, why the need for another app to do it?

apps running/updating all the time are what kills the batt on all these phones.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The update broke the apps that used the old method so the developers will need to update them.  Kind of pointless though since it's built into Settings now.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I just got the update earlier this evening and LTE OnOff still works fine. If I change the settings with LTE and then go to the new built in switch in settings, it has also changed. Changing one also changes the other.

The difference is that with LTE on a homescreen, I only need to tap about 3 times to make the change. Going through the settings requires twice as many taps, so it's simply more convenient and faster to use LTE. Also, LTE does not work in the background and use your battery. It doesn't do anything until you tell it to. It doesn't use your battery any more than the switch in the settings does. 4G is what drains your battery. LTE is just a shortcut to switch the settings.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

sagehornung wrote:

I never had the reboot problem but my signal did seem to drop to 1x in areas with good coverage. My GPS also took 5-10 mins to lock on to my location. These problems were fixed with the recent update (Installed on July 9th). What bothers me is that now the battery life is worse than ever. I even have the 2750 ma battery. 21 mins of talk used 18% of my battery. Just sitting there idle the phone eats up battery now. While the new update fixed some of my problems it definitely made my battery life worse than ever. Do I now need to buy a 5000 ma battery?  This is ridiculous! I was fine with the battery life using the extended battery but now my phone can't even make it through a full day. I am amazed I thought battery life was supposed to improve not get worse. Anybody else notice this problem? 

I live in San Diego on the fringe of a 4G area so I use Network Mangelow to turn off the 4G and use only CDMA auto(PRL) at home. Any suggestions? This suck! The problem started immediately after the update. I have had this phone over a month and never had battery issues with the extended battery and now I do.

Hi sagehornung,

I understand how frustrating it can be to not have enough battery on your phone for an entire day. My first recommendation would be to turn off any applications running in the background: Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>RunningTab then tap each running application you want to close and tap ForceStop.

In addition I would recommend removing any third party application installed to switch from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. You can accomplish the same result following with path: Menu>Settings>Wireless&Networks>MobileNetworks>NetworkMode.

Switching to CDMA Only is recommended when your phone is constantly switching from 3G to 4G service due to signal coverage as the battery drains while constantly searching for 4G.

0 Likes