Received Firmware Update 1.7 and intermittent signal loss ever since
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unrooted thunderbolt, only the extra is go launcher. 

Ever since yesterday afternoon, it has flipped mobile internet off and on. What was the change? firmware 1.7 successfully violated my phone. 

And it looks like V has further invaded the phone with more junk ware. The music player now has a V CAST executable in the middle of it with no way to remove...

Oh look I have not moved 3 feet and it is on 4 g now. Oh 4 g is gone, now 3 again, and then off... how fun....oh now 4G

0 Likes
Re: Received Firmware Update 1.7 and intermittent signal loss ever since
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Going to try a factory reset and see what if anything that buys me... sick of this phone

0 Likes
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOPE, immediately started the bouncing after the reboot, can not even get backup assistant to complete in setup...

0 Likes
ThunderboltWolf
0 Likes
ThunderboltWolf
Disregard my last post but mine hasn't updated to the new update and the lady told me it was blocked so I couldn't download it my software update whenever I check new it vanishes. I must be one of the lucky few without reboots. Check my last post on the check software update topic.
0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

kballard72 wrote:

Unrooted thunderbolt, only the extra is go launcher. 

Ever since yesterday afternoon, it has flipped mobile internet off and on. What was the change? firmware 1.7 successfully violated my phone. 

Same here. After the update, 4G reception has noticeably decreased; it drops quite frequently now.

0 Likes
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good, well not good, but at least not my imagination... I noticed if it flips to 4GLTE it besically comes to a halt, speed test will not even connect to check the speed until it flips back to 3G

0 Likes
ThunderboltWolf
Mines working it does goes from 4g to 3g and then back to normal happens once a week for me but no issues I got WiFi. I don't have no new update mines blocked from updating until they fix the update. Free hotbot yes
0 Likes
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still cycling.... this sucks

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you in 4G Area or on the Fringe. I know that I live on the Fringe and cycle threw 4g and 3G on occasion because of it. But when I go to work in Tampa which is full 4G coverage I get a good strong 4g Signal with out the bouncing.

Just a thought

0 Likes