Re: Received Firmware Update 1.7 and intermittent signal loss ever since
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Are you in a 4G fringe area!?

Go to a sub-urban or city center and test again.

If it stays connected there you go. No fixing until VZW adds more 4G towers + fiber.

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am 6-7 miles from the tower, but according to the coverage map, I'm in a 4G area (not extended 4G).  According to the VZW rep that I spoke with before buying the Thunderbolt, I should have "an excellent 4G signal."

The simple fact is that before the update, I had a usable 4G connection. Now, after the update, it struggles to lock on to 4G.

Yes, I could move to the city or wait several years for Verizon to add more towers. However, neither of these are realistic solutions to what is obviously poor software development.

0 Likes
JimH4662
Enthusiast - Level 2

This baby gets hot now when using wide open, Web, reading Twitter, Bookmarks etc. Did get warm before update, but now it produces noticeably more heat on the back.,

I live on a fringe area of G. Get half a bar to 3 bars, off and on when it use of Mobile data. WiFi if I want speed.

I have not noticed a difference since the update. After all they changed the Icon, what do you want speed? Ya gota laugh!.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

dmc271 wrote:

I am 6-7 miles from the tower, but according to the coverage map, I'm in a 4G area (not extended 4G).  According to the VZW rep that I spoke with before buying the Thunderbolt, I should have "an excellent 4G signal."

The simple fact is that before the update, I had a usable 4G connection. Now, after the update, it struggles to lock on to 4G.

Yes, I could move to the city or wait several years for Verizon to add more towers. However, neither of these are realistic solutions to what is obviously poor software development.

Hi dmc271,

I understand your discontent. Please try switching to 3G (CDMA) only and then back to 4G (LTE) as this may improve your 4G connection.

From your main screen:

Menu>Settings>Wireless&Networks>MobileNetworks>NetworkMode>CDMA only. Go back to main screen and power phone off/on. Then repeat above steps and select LTE/CDMA and power phone off/on to ensure proper switch to LTE/CDMA option.

0 Likes