Re: Rebooting after update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I will have to look more deeply at that map and add a few spots to it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Not gingerbread but at least it's good news with those with the reboot issues.  Just gotta hope they don't break anything else in the process. lol http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-prepping-fix-thunderbolt-reboots-scheduled-next-few-weeks

AZSALUKI
Legend

for the record, i will pass on that "fix" as well, and would suggest to any of you that are not having the reboot problem, to do the same. wait a week or so and see if it fixes anything before you download it. hopefully it will help and hopefully it will come sooner rather than later.

DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello TBhouston,

In order to turn off your location services please follow the following steps:

1)      Menu

2)      Select Settings

3)      Select  Location

You will then be given the following options: VZW location services, Standalone GPS Services and Google Location. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
June 15th I heard for the update. Yeah.
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It's going to fix 4 things I guess
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Gina, why do you always seem to have two posts in a row? Just asking.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Matticus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am convinced it is not the phone causing the random reboots. I have had the phone since release date and minus the inconsistent 4G LTE connectivity, the phone has been flawless (Also minus the subpar battery life). I go on vacation to Hawaii and just yesterday the phone rebooted randomly 7-10 times throughout the day. Sometimes I'd be using it, sometimes not. I'll be able to verify this when I return home to Orange County, Ca (Where I have never had a random reboot) in a couple of days. 

With this kind of instability, an iPhone is looking a lot more desirable.

AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi gina7289,

I know that you are eager to take advantage of a software update to resolve the reboot issue.  At this time we do not have a specific date an update will be available.  Please rest assure we will communicate with our customers as soon as an update is available.  Definitely let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks for you involvement in the community,

0 Likes
matta
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's amazing such a {word filter avoidance} update was released.  My Thunderbolt reboots MANY times a day.  I'm so **bleep** I'm thinking of demanding a new phone or switching carriers altogether.  Been with Verizon for 10+ years.  My local store suggested a factory reset.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea but did it anyway.  No resolution...SOS.  Talk to us Verizon.  When will this be resolved!