Rebooting after update
tiggervd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my phone and for some reason, it will reboot itself and sometimes shut off.  I've had the phone since the day it was released and only had one random reboot.  It has rebooted several times since updating. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks!!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rebooting after update
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi gina7289,

I know that you are eager to take advantage of a software update to resolve the reboot issue.  At this time we do not have a specific date an update will be available.  Please rest assure we will communicate with our customers as soon as an update is available.  Definitely let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks for you involvement in the community,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

aparently it's an issue with the update....particularly, if the network isn't great in your area.

aldap
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue with update, it has been reported on various Android forums.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
My phone has not rebooted since the update was applied. This includes areas where my signal isn't the greatest too. I will watch out for it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TopGunMav
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I updated today, I have had a shutdown and 2 random reboots. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

2 options: 1) call verizon, get a replacement sent and don't update it or 2) revert back to an older radio version.  The latter method isn't trivial though and we can't talk about it here.

0 Likes
Joeybr17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Huntsville, AL and since the update have had 4 arbitrary reboots, two in the middle of calls.  Have full 3G coverage in my area.  My brother in Nashville has the Thunderbolt as well, has been rebooting for him as well.

Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

It's odd that some seem to be affected while others are not. I'm in the not category so far. Since updating yesterday morning, I've been in very poor to no signal areas between home and work, yet the phone has operated normally since it booted up after the update. I wonder if it has anything to do with any third party apps downloaded/installed or particular stock apps being used or how they're configured? My TB is stock all the way, with only a few stock apps updated (ex. Adobe Reader, Flash Player, Google Maps, Gmail). I also don't use any of the social networking apps, just the aforementioned ones. Also, could it be something with what cell towers it hits related to the tower configuration? Or are there just a bad batch of these phones out there? These smart phones are so much like computers, complex in nature and so many variables that can cause problems. In troubleshooting, it's a process of elimination which can be difficult and time consuming. :smileysad:

GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Synycalwon wrote:

It's odd that some seem to be affected while others are not. I'm in the not category so far. Since updating yesterday morning, I've been in very poor to no signal areas between home and work, yet the phone has operated normally since it booted up after the update. I wonder if it has anything to do with any third party apps downloaded/installed or particular stock apps being used or how they're configured? My TB is stock all the way, with only a few stock apps updated (ex. Adobe Reader, Flash Player, Google Maps, Gmail). I also don't use any of the social networking apps, just the aforementioned ones. Also, could it be something with what cell towers it hits related to the tower configuration? Or are there just a bad batch of these phones out there? These smart phones are so much like computers, complex in nature and so many variables that can cause problems. In troubleshooting, it's a process of elimination which can be difficult and time consuming. :smileysad:

Funny you say it's odd that some dont have issues. Two days ago a friend of mine came over and I saw he got a TB so I asked how he liked it. He "said it's great I love it". I said " really cause I want to smash mine with hammer on the counter at a Verizon store". He was baffled as to why I was so upset with my TB so I explained the problems I was having and while I had his phone in my hand I touched the browser icon, the phone did some thinking, and came back with a no connection error. He say " yeah it does that sometimes". I just laughed cause he is one of those that thinks it's great but didn't realize the no connection issue is a common problem.  So I think that there are a good percentage of TB owners out there that just deal with it. 

AZSALUKI
Legend

many really don't have issues. i have none (other than the gps and sound while recording....that we know everyone has). have yet to get a connectivity problem and not one dropped call, whereas my friend in chicago has 3-5 dropped calls every day????