Re: Rebooting after update
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, I get the random reboots too. As well as my wife's Thunderbolt.  I've read this and other forums. Folks that somehowblame the users for not having read forums before purchasing the Terdbolt, well if companies put out and backed quality products in the first place, this would not be an issue. This whole line should be recalled as junk.

It won't be and we  are all stuck being the PILOT group as anyone knows is Production In Lieu Of Testing. 

I find it amazing that I see Verizon staff chime in on the forums all the time and have remained deafening silent on this reboot issue.

HTC has clearly squeezed out a terd and all of us are left with a hand full of poo in the process... 

Tidbits
Legend

vx1 wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

vx1 wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

Then you should do just that. Return your device if you are unhappy. After 14 days you have nothing to blame but yourself. If I was having your problems i would have returned my phones if i was in your position. Wait I did do that... Went back to my iPhones due to battery life.

That being the case, may I ask why you are in the Thunderbolt forum giving lots of lofty bloviation and playing the VZW apologist to people having serious problems with their TB and getting little or no help from Verizon? You're not really helping...

How am I playing apologist.  You are a chance to get away from your problem.  You are within your 14 days.  I returned mine and I went to an iPhone 4.  If it bothered you that much and you had a chance to get away why don't you?  Seems like to are trying to get a Charge instead of the thunderbolt to make sure you have the latest and greatest without have to pay anything...

Have you read my other posts?  I guess not...  I think you should though maybe you'll learn something about what I am doing here....

Of course I have read them. Here's something from one:

"Yes things should work as intended and what you are paying for, but you can't honestly blame everything solely on Verizon.  Connecting and maintaining a network is completely different than owning a car...  Early adopters will always run into problems.  Just look at all the other carriers when they rolled out networks themselves.  Look at the first iPhone, or even the G1.  It happens...  If you want a more stable network then it's always best to wait it out before moving to it."

Frankly I can blame Verizon and with a clear conscience, since they rolled out a huge advertising campaign on how AMAZINGLY AWESOME their LTE network is and how AMAZING the Thunderbolt is. Well, it is hard to "Rule The Air" when the LTE network had a 30 hour outage within a month of the Big Rollout that busted most TBs back to 1XRTT. Further, the TB is so buggy they had to issue a maintenance release of 2.2 firmware that is proving to be worse than the what it is supposed to be fixing in many ways, possibly caused by incomplete preparation of their network to properly support the phone. Of course, nobody knows exactly why, because Verizon is a communications company that doesn't communicate.

Oh, and by the way, for many people, all of this was after the 14 day magic window for returns you are beating everyone over the head with.

BTW, there is "early adopter", and then there is "race to get the stuff to market at any cost". Verizon obviously pushed this one out the door before it was ready. Probably because some of their competition already had "4G" on the street.

This is all I am going to say on the matter.  Enjoy your iPhone.

I guess you still didn't read...  I was talking to the people who said they are in their window crying about it and seeming to want a brand new device..  They could do it themselve since they are in their window but choose to complain about it and wait past their window...

It actually fixed a lot of peoples issues after the factory reset as well...  I am going by what I am reading in other forums aside from this one.  Also if the problem persists Verizon is replacing handsets at no charge from what I read on XDA...

0 Likes
philhyde
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I find it amazing that I see Verizon staff chime in on the forums all the time and have remained deafening silent on this reboot issue."

Did you see this?

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/18/verizon-working-with-htc-on-thunderbolt-reboot-issue/

Tidbits
Legend

philhyde wrote:

"I find it amazing that I see Verizon staff chime in on the forums all the time and have remained deafening silent on this reboot issue."

Did you see this?

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/18/verizon-working-with-htc-on-thunderbolt-reboot-issue/

Of course not...  It doesn't get as many clicks as the issues so it'll get burried.  Just search AT&T/T-mobile thing going on and you will see one sided arguments until like page 50 or so...

0 Likes
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well of course, I mean that make perfect sense to look on other forums for a Verizon response when they usually chime in on active threads in this forum...

Tidbits wrote:

philhyde wrote:

Did you see this?

Of course not...  It doesn't get as many clicks as the issues so it'll get burried.  Just search AT&T/T-mobile thing going on and you will see one sided arguments until like page 50 or so...

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Using your argument Tidbits Do the CUSTOMERS who are experiencing issue need to get to 50+ pages of posting before someone from Verizon ( a real employee, monitoring this Verizon forum ) addresses the situation?

Tidbits
Legend

DO you see 50 pages?  I do see a lot of the same people posting on different forums complaining about it.  Most won't even bother trying a factory reset or even  calling 611 and going up the food chain.  If something bothered me that much surely I would do more than post on a CUSTOMER based forum waiting for a response.  Also the guys at the bottom may not know themselves based on chain of command.  Sometimes if someone asks the right question and the CSR asks the right person then you'll get a quicker response waiting for a response from moderators who have to filter through thousands of posts a day...

Also no mod or worker is going to go through every single forum on the internet to find if there are problems...  It's faster calling your problems in than to go on forums and complaining about it.........

0 Likes
Shakedown70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting reboots here too. 3,4,5 or so per day. Stopped by Verizon to log my complaint. Service rep hadn't heard of the problem. (surprise)

Patiently waiting for HTC and Big Red to get this sorted out, but still frustrated. Ugh.

gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I got a new phone replacement and its working without the update but I agree with u shakedown. Also why put out another new 4g phone if u can't make the first one the best it can be? Love the charge commercial about how its the first 4g that works or something like that.
lopezgabriel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything was fine before the update. Once I did the updated I started having random reboots. I called Verizon and I already reset my phone twice but I am still having the problem. Sometimes is once or twice a day, sometimes is more. It had happened without using the phone and while using the phone. So far there is no pattern of what could be causing it. This is very frustrating! Verizon should be able to provide a way or a temporary release to take the phone back the way it was before the update until they can find the root cause and provide with a fixed update.