Re: Frequent disconnects from 4g and Mobile Hotspot
evetskirk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disgruntly

I have the htc rezound, I love the phone, it is a great phone. The MHS is my problem. I was wondering if it was a htc thing or a verizon thing. But seeing you have a Samsung and have the same problem, I am inclined to think it is a software issue with verizon and the skins on our phones.?? Neither verizon or htc thinks its their problem. In reality it's probably a combination of both and each one's software communicating with the other. I just wish they would get together and fix it before I go nuts. I am dumbfounded at this point and have no idea what to do. 😞

0 Likes
rlupone

Hi Support.  I am having the same issue (Thunderbolt).  I tried clearing the cache as mentioned earlier, but the options are 'greyed' out and cache stored is zero. 

I have noticed that the timeout is inconsistent- meaing it can happend after a few minutes or not happen for 20 min or more. So sometimes I can watch full episodes of TV shows online without a problem and other times it times out after a few minutes

I have also noticed that when the hotspot times out, the apps needing a connection error out.  All while showing a data signal on the phone on the phone is also. 

When I pull down the "drawer" for settings, uncheck the hotspot the status shows changes from "on" to "error" for a brief moment under the name "Mobile Hotspot".

Let me know what else i should try.

Thanks!

What other options do I have?

0 Likes
lareina242002
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where did this "very concerned" customer service representative disappear to after the original post-er and others expressed their concerns.....?  Hmmmm does that seem unusual for Verizon customer service??

0 Likes