Re: Problems with HTC Thunderbolt Update - Loading old text messages
Russ74

i did that too did not work for me but found a different way

0 Likes
silverwolfchild

I had the update start at 9 am mst this morning and now I cannot get it to even turn back on.  I have tried to pull the battery and as far as it goes is the HTC screen and vibrates twice and nothing.  I have pulled the SIM card as well and still nothing.

0 Likes
DanceMama13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I plugged in my phone, turned off the sleep feature and allowed the phone to just go through its lengthy updating process of my text messages. After about 45 minutes it was done and so far things are working OK. Still seems like the battery is draining faster than ever. I can't find where to turn off the background data option that conserved battery life so well. . . not sure I like this new OS update. . . seems we lost a lot of simple controls to keep things private. All of a sudden apps are auto synching and when I try to turn that option off - it doesn't seem to actually WORK to turn things off. The phone wants to have EVERYTHING defaulted to auto on for synching, for running location, background data, etc. Not happy about this at all. 😞

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The background data options probably move to Settings > Usage. You need to set a data limit to access the data restriction options.

You can also check Settings > Accounts & Sync.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
breezymw2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I did the same as dancemama13 and it worked! Only took my phone about 15 mins. Took my phone off sleep and went to text messages and just let my phone load the text messages! Good luck!

0 Likes
Jmscreen
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading these threads... it seems like the only option is to wait it out?

0 Likes
amyy615

I was able to retreive my text messages by turning on the airplane mode then going to my messages and just letting it load it only took about 10 mins then it was fine after I turned airplane mode off.  And works great now may not work for all but did for me and a few others. Worth a try

0 Likes
Gman_NJ

I updated my HTC Thurderbolt last evening. When I woke this morning and wanted to start texting I was having the same issues. What I did was backup all my messages and then start deleting threads. I also had one thread that had about 5K messages so I trimmed that down to about 2K and things started to work.

As usual Verizon screwed us again. If this does not get resolved I will be switching to the Samsungs Galaxy 2.It can't be any worse than this and it just seems a lot cooler.

HTC get out of the smart phone business.

0 Likes
mrford49

Both of my HTC thunderbolts stopped working! When making calls I can hear who I call but they can not hear me.And the apps are gone and in the wrong place. Also it keeps spinning when you try to move an app to another page. They are now junk to me! I have a warranty on the phones and Verizon tryed to fix the issue but they could not and are sending me two phones. After this i do not trust verizon or HTC.

0 Likes
morlin71

It's amazing that with a standard phone that has been out for over 2 years Verizon can't put out a software update that doesn't mess the phone up. 

I have 2 Thunderbolts.  One loaded and works fine.  My wife's downloaded first and the messaging doesn't work.  This is bull.  Verizon doesn't read these or they would have an apology or something on the blog and say that they are working on it. 

0 Likes