Problem with HTC One Headphone Jack
bryfry90

I've had the One for about a month and a half and I use it to listen to music about 5 times a week when I go to the gym. It had been working fine until a couple of days ago when I plugged in my Apple Ipod headphones, it didn't recognize that they were plugged in. The Apple headphones work fine on other devices and I tried other headphones into the One and those work fine also but the Apple headphones give the best audio quality from the others so I don't want to switch. I just thought it was weird how this just happened all of a sudden, anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Problem with HTC One Headphone Jack
B33
Legend

Have you looked in the Jack with a flashlight and a small magnifying glass have some one in your family hold your HTC one and you can use the light and the Glass to see if there is anything in the Jack if you see something in there be careful what you use to retrieve it it)  If i see anything in one of my Razr's I use a sweeper attachment a long crevice tool because of the length of it suction is reduce and is ample to retrieve what's in the Port..  b33 

0 Likes
bryfry90

I've looked but I didn't really see anything stuck in there.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

One other thing you can try is to insert the headphone adapter into the jack and while in there gently turn it back N fourth doing this refreshes the contact inside the Jack and it might help return the sound) this one thing I have done on several of my devices my cell phones, my scanners, my small portable radios.. this also can be done when you hear static in the headset.. Using a small amount of rubbing alcohol can help as well as will clean the connection. lightly blow to help evaporate it..

0 Likes
bryfry90

I've tried moving it back and forth but it didn't really do anything but I'll try the rubbing alcohol trick when I get home later. I just think it's weird how the other headphones work fine and it's just this set that doesn't work with the phone. The plug is a little shorter on the Apple headphones than the other ones so maybe that has something to do with it but I don't know why it just stopped working all of a sudden. Thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

when you said that I thought of something you might check and that is the spacing on the plugs on the Apple plugs they may be spaced a little different as to say like a regular set of headphones plugs like on a HTC or Motorola set I was thinking I heard that Apple done something to there headset or something so that they only work with other apple products,  if that is the case it's kind weird but then again it would make it true Apple.. 

0 Likes
bryfry90

Yea, we know how Apple likes to be different but it wouldn't explain why it was working fine for the month and a half that I've had the One and I had an HTC Thunderbolt before the One and they always worked fine on there. Oh well, I guess I might just have to get new headphones.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I understand that...

0 Likes