Pressing Install button no longer recognized on non-Market apps
fanatic1160

I cannot install any non-market apps. I can download the app. When I go to install the app I my Thunderbolt doesn't recognize me pressing "Install". It recognizes me pressing "Cancel"

As best I can tell this started occurring after updating to GB. I am not rooted. I would really like to get Amazon Marketplace. I have checked and re-checked Settings --> Applications --> Allow installation of non-Market applications and I have the check-mark selected. I have deleted and re-downloaded both Amazon Marketplace and swype.

I searched and couldn't find anyone else with this problem or a solution to this problem. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Pressing Install button no longer recognized on non-Market apps
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried other apps because maybe its a signing issue with the file you are tring to install..

0 Likes
fanatic1160

Neither swype nor amazon marketplace will install.  Those are the only two non-market apps I have tried.  What is interesting about both is I used to have them installed.  

With Amazon marketplace I found an app I wanted, OfficeSuite, (on one of those amazon special pricing for 24 hours), thus requiring me to install Amazon marketplace.  It installed as did the app.  A couple weeks later I found another amazon app I wanted,  it refused to install.  I deleted the download and tried again.(like you, thinking maybe there is an issue).    I finally amazon marketplace thinking maybe the entire marketplace was corrupted.  marketplace will no re-install. 

SWYPE (beta, i think) requires me to update it whenever there is an update to beta, with the last update it refused to install.  I deleted the swype installation/downloader thinking maybe it was corrupt.  It would not install.  

At this point, there is the only pattern I have found.  The only big change in my TBolt's life (that I can think of) has been the GB update.   

Those are the only two non-Android/Google-Market apps I have tried downloading. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The only thing I can think of is that some has been installed that blocks the eideload option, try installing in safe mode..

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button.
    Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. When the second HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.
    Press and hold the volume down key
  3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Device in safe mode
  4. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  5. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  6. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disable

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Select Restart.
    Select Power off

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Correction for last post to make things clearer..  :smileysurprised: :smileyvery-happy:

The only thing I can think of is that something has been installed that blocks the sideload option, try installing application when booted into safe mode..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

GB isn't the problen. i can install non-market apps.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

GB isn't the problen. i can install non-market apps.

I 100% agree, I havent seen any issues on either of my TB devices...

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate your help.

@fanatic1160,

I also have the HTC Thunderbolt and have not had this issue. If you are still unable to install third party application after the suggestions provided by your fellow community members I suggest you performing a hard reset. This should fix the issue you are having.

Please post back if you need further assistance.

0 Likes