Phone call issues after ICS update on HTC Thunderbolt
johnc71490
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since  the ICS update, I have to use speaker phone on my HTC Thunderbolt in order to be heard by the person on the call. I can hear them, but they can not hear me unless I activate the speaker phone option. I have been to 2 Verizon corporate stores, and emailed HTC with no response. Otherwise the update seems ok, phone is slower than before, and sticky when typing. I can live with that, but I want my phone to work. Verizon stores want me to buy a new phone. I dont want a new phone, I want the one I have to work like it should. Any advice ?

0 Likes
Re: Phone call issues after ICS update on HTC Thunderbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check out any of the other discussions in the community to see if anyone else had a similar problem? If you did, some had found a hearing aid settings was causing the problem and turning it off returned the phone to normal for calls.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
johnc71490
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, that's all it was. I did not see that other discussion, must not have looked close enough. Thanks again.

Life's better on a boat!!

>Removed personal info<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnc71490, let's work together to get this HTC Thunderbolt to work. I'm here to assist. Have you downloaded apps to your phone? If so, the ICS update and application software can conflict in the background of your device. As a result, your phone may have a few minor issues. I recommend that you master reset your device to resolve these issues. A master reset will delete everything on your device and return it back to the original factory settings. Backup Assistance will retain your contacts and pictures can be saved on a memory card.

For your convenience, I have provided the steps to master reset your device below:

Home Screen> tap Settings >Storage >Select Factory data reset> Select Reset Phone> Select Erase Everything

Click http://vz.to/HA0yQY to access the device support page for your device. Feel free to reach out to us for additional assistance if needed. ^LH

0 Likes