Not Getting Emergency Allerts
jjcotton

I have not received an alert in over a year.  Does this function even work on a HTC One M8 anymore?   We have severe storm warnings all summer and winter, including severe thunderstorm warnings and tornados Monday night and I did not receive any alerts. Not getting any Amber alerts either

0 Likes
Re: Not Getting Emergency Allerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jcotton,

We definitely want to make sure that you're receiving the necessary alerts. The M8 should definitely have this feature. To be sure is it currently enabled on the device. See how to access the settings here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-96119/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jjcotton

Nope... all of that is set and has been set.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjcotton - We certainly understand the importance of being able to receive those emergency alerts. I welcome the opportunity to address this further for you. Emergency alerts are not broadcast by us but by FEMA. They pretty much have an override in place that allows them to access compatible devices on carrier towers and send them out as necessary. There are a few things that will prevent the alerts from being received. If you're in a voice call, a text message is being sent/received or you're in an active data session, you will not receive the alerts when broadcasted. They do try to reach as many devices as possible in a targeted area but aren't always guaranteed. Here's some additional FAQs regarding those alerts:  http://vz.to/1FeV63e

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jjcotton

Last week there were no voice calls, text messages, and I wasn't playing on Facebook. I just checked the Emergency Alert app and there are none indicated although if I look at a weather app there are severe wind advisories, heavy surf, and several others. We are expecting severe weather this evening. Schools and State offices are closing early. The Verizon system doesn't work!!! From the State EOC: "

Good Afternoon Team,

Please see attached and below from the Meteorology Team at the State EOC regarding high potential for severe weather in the Panhandle and North Florida in the overnight hours tonight, up through Wednesday.  The highest chance for severe weather looks to from about 8pm tonight until mid-morning tomorrow morning in the Panhandle and Eastern Big Bend.  The primary threats of this line of storms will be high winds with isolated tornadoes, along with the possibility of quarter size hail and heavy downpours.

Since the heaviest weather looks to be a nighttime and overnight event, please pay close attention to weather alerts by television, radio or weather radio if you have one.  Know safe locations within your home (lower floors or basements, stay away from windows and glass doorways,  move towards an inner hallway or inner room).  Do not go outside during a storm, stay inside until you are certain it has passed.

More information will be passed on from State EOC if there are updates to the forecast later today,

Thanks and Stay Safe."

0 Likes