No Power Off Option on Month Old Rhyme
Brandon_01

Hello,

First off, let me just say my wife loves her HTC Rhyme. This is her first step into a smartphone from a basic texting phone and loves it!

But we have a problem....

I've checked the other posts, and I don't see anything mentioning the problem my wife is having with her month old Rhyme. For the past week when she presses and holds the lock button, it never displays the power off options like it did previously. All it does is lock/unlock the screen. I have seen other posts where with other HTC devices they remove/replace the battery and it corrects the problem. With the Rhyme having an internal batter, this solution isn't an option. Can anyone else offer a suggestion. If I have to, I can take it to the store, but I really don't want to as she is attached to the phone like glue.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

BB

0 Likes
Re: No Power Off Option on Month Old Rhyme
trin911

I had to have mine factory reset because it started giving me problems.  As soon as I did that - I had the power off button

0 Likes
Re: No Power Off Option on Month Old Rhyme
michellephq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my Rhyme. I informed Verizon, and they said they would have to factory reset it, which I do NOT want to do. If you hold the power button long enough, it will shut off. It's annoying, but until this becomes a major problem, I do not want to have my phone reset. Hope this helps you decide what option you would like to take.

Another thing to add is that I had my phone replaced once because of numerous problems, such as this one, and the brand new phone did the same thing, so I really don't think a factory reset is going to help much. It may bring the option back for a while, but after a month it will probably be gone again.

0 Likes