No Data connectivity, now now voice
drice1911

I picked up a Thunderbolt yesterday afternoon and it worked fine on my way home. I connected to my home WiFi network to help speed up downloading some email accounts and then later tried to take a drive to test google maps. It failed to re-route me when i purposely took a wrong turn, then found out no data was being sent via Verizon's network. 

I took the phone in today and they replaced it with 2 other phones before tech support acknowledged a widespread problem with Thunderbolts. I went to grab some lunch and everything started working fine. Got home and and after a couple hours I have no voice service, data is working just fine without WiFi.  

I have tried restarting, battery pull, reseating the SIM card, but no luck. The nearest Verizon store is too far and this is my only phone line, so i can't even call in to get support. 

Does verizon have an online chat availability or does anyone have any ideas???

0 Likes
Re: No Data connectivity, now now voice
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Online chat is mostly sales or login stuff.  You won't get any information supporting device trouble shooting and etc. on there if you do its mostly because the the rep knows it themselves and is just going to help you out of the goodness of their heart.  Recommendation.  Go see a tech or call in. I know its out of the way and all but chat service won't do anything but make you more frustrated. 

0 Likes
dynastar5
I had the same problem, turn on the Verizon gps location service and my data started working again. The item can be found in the gps menu
0 Likes
drice1911

I have data, it is the voice service that isn't working.

I managed to borrow a phone last night to call in. The tech department put in a "mission critical" ticket that hasn't yet been solved yet. On the phone again with them this morning. 

The HTC Thunderbolt is turning into quite an adventure.

0 Likes
Thame

I have the same problem. I got my thunderbolt friday the 18th. Data and voice worked fine until this morning for me. Voice still works, my data went out on me around 9:30am - 10am.

0 Likes
spectrumfox
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
drice1911

No update yet. I have been on the phone off and on with one of the network technicians.

Appears my phone is showing up on the network as being in a completely different state, so only data and no voice still.

0 Likes
spectrumfox
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem on Monday morning, 3/21/2011

I am in a full 4G LTE coverage zone, however I keep losing the network only to have it reconnect a few seconds later. This has become quite annoying.

0 Likes
Thame

Checked my phone again around 3:00pm and data is working for me again.

0 Likes
Bxsteez

I'm having the same issue.  I purchased a thunderbolt yesterday and 3G worked just fine and then it just turned off and has not come back on yet.  I've called Verizon twice and once they said there was a service outage and the second time they said there was nothing wrong.  I'm wondering if its their network or if its device??

0 Likes