Re: No 4G signal on Thunderbolt
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello fellow forum members,

Today was the release for the software update for the Thunderbolt. May I have you try to update your software, on 3G if needed, an do a factory reset afterwards. Once done, please retry the 4G data services and reply to this message with a status update.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
FAUguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been using the TudnerBolt since it was released and had the phone cycle between 4G/3G/1x all the time. It didn't matter if it was in my house, out side, or driving around, even though my whole are is 4G. Since the update installed yesterday, it has stayed on 4G without changing to 3G or 1x. I'll have to see what happends when I drive around with it, if it will stay on 4G or not.

0 Likes
thephantom
This is how I solved my 4G issue:

Go to the dial pad
Punch in *#*#4636#*#*
Phone Information
(Scroll down to the middle of the page and you should see "Network Type". It is probably showing "unknown")
Touch "Run ping test" towards the top
Now your "Network Type" should be LTE

Good luck!!
0 Likes
patt3332
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, my Network type usually says LTE, not unknown and pinging doesn't seem to help. I only have trouble staying in 4G if I'm using the hotspot to tether my laptop though. If I turn off the hotspot and use my phone instead of my laptop, it goes back to 4G and stays there. If I turn the hotspot back on,  it drops to 3G unless I switch to LTE mode instead of CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. Also, you can use LTEonOff or LTE Switch as a shortcut to bypass having to dial *#*#4636#*#*.

Thanks for the tip though. I hope it works for others. If your Network type says Unknown, pinging is worth a shot.

0 Likes