New to Android. I found this!
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Poking around trying to find more capabilities I stumbled on to this

For those who want to speed dial, speed text, speed email a contact, set up a favorites homepage go to "Personalize", "Widget", "Browse all HTC widgets", "People".

When you're setting up the favorite contact initially you set the default action touching their picture does (text, call, email) .

If you click on the name of the contact instead of the photo, it will bring up the contact info. If your contact has more than 1 phone no., it will display them, and you can click on the number you want to use. You can also pick to SMS (text to their phone), email to send an email to them.:smileysurprised:

Old time smartphone users probably knew this but I'm a newbi to both android and smartphones:smileytongue:

0 Likes
Re: New to Android. I found this!
AZSALUKI
Legend

THE FUN NEVER ENDS!!! just try long pressing many things and you will find all types of cool stuff. you can also create shortcuts on your homescreens to do sprecific actions. for example, i have an icon that's a picture of my wife and when i touch it, it calls her directly. you can create all types of shortcuts to directly do what you want. also....BECOME familiar with the google voice commands. touch that little microphone icon in the google search widget and say "navigate to .....". it will begin your turn by turn navigation.

0 Likes
segge

OK ... but how do you modify a "Favorite" entry  such as remove "call" and put "text" instead ... easy to add a "favorite" but can't figure out how to remove an entry or modify one.

TIA for any help.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i can't figure out how to edit the action (call, text, etc). but you can delete the contact from favorites and then when you add it again, it should ask you what you want the default action to be. go to "people" and select "groups" (from the row of icons at the bottom). select "favorites." select menu and "delete group member" (or edit group if you want to delete multiple contacts at once).

0 Likes
Morkai
Enthusiast - Level 3

open the contact, click menu, more, set widget action.

0 Likes