New phone cannot receive calls/texts
Katahdin01

I just purchased an HTC One yesterday.  We are switching my phone number back from Republic Wireless (RW). We were told it could be a while for number to be transferred. It has been nearly 24 hrs. The new device shows the correct phone number. I am able to make calls and send texts but cannot receive them. I already cancelled the RW account. How can I get set to receive calls and texts? 

0 Likes
Re: New phone cannot receive calls/texts
rrrrrrr

maybe you should give it more time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to Verizon Katahdin01, we're happy to have you! Porting a number generally takes 1-24 hours for a port, but the original number needs to be active in order for the port to complete. If it was canceled prior to the port was completed, this may cause an error. Have you heard anything more about the port? You can also check the status at 888-844-7095.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Katahdin01

Hi Marquia, I can now receive calls but not texts. Do this sometimes occur? How do we fix it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure we get everything up and running, Katahdin01. I would suggest completing a SIM card pull on the device as this is the devices communication to the network. http://vz.to/1fhAU6E

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Katahdin01

I pulled and replaced the SIM card. I still cannot receive texts from

non-VZW phones.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Katahdin01,

Let's get these text messages flowing as they should be. Are they able to send you messages? Please accept my follow request, then send me direct message so I can look into this further for you.

Thanks in advance,

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
Katahdin01

HI Karen, Thanks. I can only receive/send texts with VZW. I look forward to getting assistance and resolution. guy 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Katahdin01,

We are looking forward to getting you up and running as well. I would like to look over the account in full detail. In order fo us to do that we would need to be in a Direct Message. I went ahead and request to follow you. If you could accept that request and then turn around and request to follow me back. Once I get that request I will accept and then you will be able to send us a Direct Message. (Link that will give you the step by step direction: http://vz.to/1fbIKzK)  I hope to hear from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes