Multiple defective HTC Rezounds
gvpike

Is anyone else having problems with their Rezound?  In late December 2011, I got my first Rezound (Phone 1).  However, whenever I took a picture, the flash stayed on (no, the "remain on" button was not activated) and would not shut off. However, once I removed the battery and restarted the phone, the flash turned off.  I went back to the store to ask them how to fix this problem and they said no one had mentioned this problem before.  But when I went online, I found plenty of people who had this problem.  So, because there was no workaround, they ordered me a "Certified Like New" phone. 

The "new" phone (Phone 2) did not have the flash problem experienced with Phone 1.  However, I began to receive complaints from  people that my voice cut in and out while on the phone and they could not hear me.  This is my business phone.  So I took Phone 2 back to the Verizon store to see what could be done.  Again, I was advised that they had never heard of this problem so a "new" phone had to be ordered.

I received Phone 3 and, again, it has the problem with the voice fading in and out and constant complaints from people that they could not hear entire sentences.  Again, I went back to my local Verizon store and was told the same - never heard of this problem. Let's order another "new" phone.  In the meantime, I did some research and it appears that many customers with the Rezound had problems with the microphone cutting in and out.  So, if Verizon didn't have notice, it SHOULD have had notice with due diligence.  Having your head up your arse is NO excuse. 

So I received Phone 4 on a Monday at 4:45 p.m.  Took the phone home to set up.  Thirty minutes into setting Phone 4 up, it became burning hot and shut off.  I  put the battery back into Phone 3 so I could have some phone service.

So, I went back again to the Verizon store and was told the battery was drained and would not accept a charge!  Because the store did not have any replacement batteries, one would have to be ordered and I was just out of luck with no phone.  I advised the staff that this was entirely unacceptable.  They told me to call Customer Support - which I did, but was disconnected after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes.

I now have to return Phone 4 after having it for 30 minutes and am in the position of having to accept Phone 5.  I DO NOT WANT THIS REZOUND PHONE.  I have been a customer of Verizon for 15 years and this is the first phone I've had to return.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get to another phone?  I will post this all over the internet if I have to.  Verizon needs to care about customer retention because if this isn't fixed I'm out of here.

0 Likes
Re: Multiple defective HTC Rezounds
B33
Legend

Drop that phone like a hot potato!   An see if you can get into a Different Phone like the Razr Maxx i suggest this phone because i have one an it has a great battery Life. When phones act up like your describing your's is doing it's time move on to something Els. B33 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Boy you have been having fun....  I think it is time to contact CS and request a supervisor to avoid explaining your situations to multiple reps before speaking to a manager. I am sure if you have had this many issues with the device they should be open to the suggestion of changing devices.   

Now you did not report how long of time you have had the device after all the phone changing fiasco but I think this will have some impact on how the company will choose to proceed because they are not obligated to change device but with the right approach you should be able to get a workable solution..

Wish you luck...

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Moved reply!

Message was edited by: DharmaDog:  This was a reply to gvpike placed in the wrong place.  Moved to correct position.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am a bit confused why your post is directed to mine, I never said I had any issues, I have a Thunderbolt and pretty much happy with my device.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

This reply was moved to be reply to OP:

Sorry to hear about all your problems!  I too am very frustrated and have really reached my limit with this situation!  This is why I will not try a used phone.  There are reports all over the internet of people continuing to experience the same problems after getting another used device.  I really am convinced that while there are a few hardware issues with the phone and or battery the primary issues with this phone are a combination of the firmware, the update and the network.  My main unacceptable problem is the constant boot-looping. While I now know the steps to get around it without having to do a factory reset, this is something that I have now reached a point where I am no longer willing to continue in this way!!  I am now having audio issues which I had no problem with before the update.  This is just so crazy since the update was supposedly to resolve audio issues!!  I never had any to begin with!!

We need to see about getting the press to cover this and bring some attention and outside pressure to bear. I am also looking for other routes, legal and through government agencies, to try to get a resolution and satisfaction.  HTC and Verizon are not taking any responsibility for these problems!  I refuse to be stuck in this situation for the next 2 years after paying $300 just 2 months ago!!!  If anyone has any contacts with the technical press or any ideas or suggestions please contact me.

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry man! I hit the wrong reply. I moved it to be reply to OP.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

OK because I was totally not sure where you was going with the post and was wondering if it was meant for another...  No biggy..

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I have a feeling that part of the issue here is varying batches during manufacturing.  If some of the "minor" internals came from a different supply chain, it would make sense that there is a group of phones that have common issues, but they are not full across the board.  Logically, as well, those devices will also be the first to be returned and recertified.  If it is indeed a hardware issue and not software, then Verizon/HTC/whoever's firmware reflash would have no effect on the issue.  I saw similar problems with the Eris.  That phone had two very common issues, the silent call bug after the move to Eclair, and bad trackballs.  Of the four that I had (kept blowing out speakers), none had the silent call bug, and only one had the trackball go bad.  As for your desire for a different device (can't say that I blame you, even though I love MY Rezound), typically, if you have three devices with the same issue, they will offer you a different (though still a CLN) device.  I would hope, however, that in your case, that someone would be able to make you happy and get you something different.  As stated, you may have to go higher up in the food chain to get this to happen.  Call CS and ask for a supervisor, they will have the most power to get you what you want.

0 Likes
dbzmaxx

I also am having audio issues with the rezound since the OTA update, but only over Bluetooth on a verizon call.  Calls using the handset microphone, and bluetooth communication via skype, etc, sound just fine.  Its the combination of bluetooth and the phone call.  I've tried 3 different bluetooth devices with the same results: My voice sounds staticy on the other end.

0 Likes