Mandatory Extended Warranty? - HTC Thunderbolt
slappy2

I want to upgrade my account with a data plan and get the new Thunderbolt...but when I'm putting my order together, it's requiring me to select an extended warranty plan.  I have never needed an extended warranty before (I'm careful with my electronics, judging by my 6 year old mp3 player) and I don't necessarily want to add it now.  Can I place my order with the warranty in there, then cancel it in a month should I desire?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mandatory Extended Warranty? - HTC Thunderbolt
markr64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey they fixed the web site.  Now you can decline the equipment protection plan :smileytongue:

sincerely

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Likes
markr64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree - I got the same thing.  But other smartphone you have the option to decline it.  What gives?

sincerely

Mark 

0 Likes
markr64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey they fixed the web site.  Now you can decline the equipment protection plan :smileytongue:

sincerely

Mark

0 Likes
slappy2

i see that now...thanks!  Now do I see if I can pick it up in store or mail order it....I have a NE2 upgrade available and the price shown on the tubes is somewhat cheaper than the advertised price.  Think they'll offer me that in store?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Verizon stores will only offer the phone at their price. You can not 'deal'.

0 Likes
slappy2

I don't mean the "wirefly" price, I just mean when I select "upgrade phone," thenthe thunderbolt, I get a lower price than the main page.

0 Likes
dshiiva

I just finished placing my Thunderbolt order.  I asked if that price was available in the Verizon stores and was told that it was only online that that promotion was available.  I do think that that price made it well worth ordering online.  With my NE2 I was able to get the phone, car dock and holster all together for less than the store price for phone only

0 Likes