Loss of USB connectivity
cavergary

A few days ago my Rezound lost it's ability to make a data connection. When plugged in it will charge, but the pc will NOT recognize the presence of a usb device. It used to do this correctly.

I have set the "PC Connect" to all settings and ticked the "ask every time" on and off.

There is no USB Icon in the notification bar, and it does not ask about a connection type when the cable is plugged in. 

I have set the USB Debugging tick and unset it.  I have cleared storage and done a factory reset, twice. I removed everything from the sd card.

I have used 4 different cables that work with other phones, and 4 different PC's  Win XP, Vista and 7.  They all respond the same.

HTC Sync no longer sees the device,  AVD manager does not see it either.

In USB device manager there are no broken or unknown devices listed.

I have removed and reinstalled all software relating to HTC.

I'm out of ideas.

0 Likes
Re: Loss of USB connectivity
mlcooke258
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am having the same issue, like you multiple resets, downloaded Sync again, cleaned everything, multiple cables, multiple PCs, still no luck.  Was working great before ????? happened. If I could figure out the ????? I could fix it.  Look forward to your response.

0 Likes
Re: Loss of USB connectivity
cavergary

I never did identify the issue.  I'm pretty sure it was software related but I could never prove it.  I finally called Verizon and got a warranty replacement.   They were real good about it too, and fast. Had my Re-certified unit in 2 days.  It bugs me to not know the root cause but I had to move on.... Good luck

0 Likes