Re: Looks Official Ginbread 2.3.4 on June 30th
Karuk

You are right. We are wrong. Nothing official. I guess the rumors about MR2 were wrong as well. Weird considering you can download it from XDA and install it on your phone. 

I should add that I received an email from verizon letting me know the thunderbolt was available for purchase.....3 days after i received my thunderbolt. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Karuk wrote:

You are right. We are wrong. Nothing official. I guess the rumors about MR2 were wrong as well. Weird considering you can download it from XDA and install it on your phone. 

I should add that I received an email from verizon letting me know the thunderbolt was available for purchase.....3 days after i received my thunderbolt. 

There's a difference here... Those are leaks which means THEY are working on it.  They are not telling you when they think they'll be finished.  See Motorola for details about being transparent about an update date.  People took them as promises, and believed it had to be there on that day.  People went sue happy, and complained like 5 year kids not being able to eat candy at a candy store.  So yah as of right now THERE IS NO TIMEFRAME OFFICIALLY STATED, and those blog sites are just making predictions.

MR2 leak was leaked by someone to a Blog site...  Once they released the news and found it legit...  Then 50 other blog sites cited that 1 blog...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Karuk wrote:

yes, mr2 exists and you can get the leaked version if you don't want to wait. there are also other ways to get gingerbread if you don't want to wait. and i realize verizon is awful about keeping us informed, which is why i initally suggested the the update would be availaible when you look at your phone and it say "available update." i'm really not trying to bicker here, but this is exactly how this stuff starts. a blog speculates and prints that. then another blog cites the first. then actual news outlets begin running with it (again, citing a blog) and a handful of people are misinformed by verizon reps......and next thing you know "gingerbread is definitely being pushed on this exact date." it's just silly.

i also never said the rumors are wrong. i said they are just rumors. we will likely get gingerbread sometime between next week and next year. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

i also never said the rumors are wrong. i said they are just rumors. we will likely get gingerbread sometime between next week and next year. 

THAT is the best answer yet! "... sometime between next week and next year." Probably the truest one too. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Attention Verizon and HTC, I think it's time to hire new developers and testers cause your current ones are being outdone.

http://mobile.engadget.com/2011/06/23/thunderbolt-gets-sense-3-0-through-the-back-door/

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cross your fingers an your toes PJ  :smileywink:  an it may happen. i'm glad ginger finally came for my X Birtha but there are a few little things that need to be ironed out on the OS as there are some little Grimlens Lurking :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I'll keep 'em crossed for the regular folk.  I'm good since I'm currently running it. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thats Cool hows it doing did it clear up some of the issues that  was supposly happening on it.  if it had any at all.

0 Likes
ghamden

Ive been runnig ginger th3ory 4 and the new 4.1x

it works perfect no issues  i don't know why HTC or Verizon are dragging thier feet other than using free programmers expertise and free feild testing !

NO reboots

GPS spot on

Fast smooth looks great

MR2 radio works excellent

search  for it you will be very pleased at whay you find...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
good luck.

gingerbread killed my son's dx & needed to be replaced, my upgrade was smooth/no issues.
0 Likes