Latest "New Update" Takes Over & "You / We" Have NO Say! :-(
GolfNut007

As a long time "On Time / Never Late" paying & customer I expected more from Verizon on this next subject matter.

Re: Your "Contact" or "People" list . . .

Today I received a request to have my HTC Thunderbolt "Updated". You probably received the same thing in the past week. All was fine up until I go to "MY" Contact/People list. Prior to receiving this update, when I first went into "MY CONTACT" list I deleted the #BAL & #DATA & #MIN & #PMT entries that were a standard feature of the "People/Contact" application. Why? Because I know exactly when I made a payment & for how much, and I know where I am at with my Unlimited Family Plan, and at the time I did not use the #DATA because I didn't use it very much (but if I wanted the nicer smart phone like I did, I paid for it anyways like some) . . . And I did not need to know what my #BAL was either or how many minutes I've used (#MIN). If this information was  important to me (you) then you kept at the "front" of your contact/phone book, right? Because that's where Verizon placed it.

For some of us (if not  most of us) this is NOT important information for me to have at the "FRONT" of "MY" contacts list! After all, it is 'my contact list', right? Well, the brainiacs over at Verizon's geek tank have decided that because not very many people are using these features, they decided to force them onto us with the latest and newest update that you and have downloaded. They are forcing you and me to have these useless features at the forefront of all our contact list . . . Whether you like it or want it . . .  You have no choice!

Before, you were able to "Delete" it or at least "Re-Lable" the entry so that it sat somewhere else on your phonebook and not THE VERY FRONT OF IT!! You cannot delete this folks! I  totally disagree with this thought process and I am hoping that you do too. You have it wether you like or not!! This is absolute nonsense in my opinion. As a buying customer of our own cell phones WE should have the say as to what we keep and don't keep as long as it doesn't interfere with the normal operation of the phone. Okay, if they loaded it with what's REALLY important; like say my Local Police Dept, My Local Fire Dept, My Local EMS services....Okay, I can probably swallow that. But to force me to see  #BAL & #DATA & #MIN & #PMT without having the option to delete it or to change the name of it so that it sits somewhere else on my phone other than the front of my contacts list, is just plain crazy.

C'mon . . . Really Verizon . . . Who approved this lame decision over there!?

I want to see this removed ASAP…it's interfering with me and how I have it set up. I have what is important to me at the front and that's how it should be because it's important "TO ME". I have my contacts set up the  WAY THAT I NEEDED THEM AND WANT THEM. Now I can't. We should all be able to have that choice.

If you agree with me, please help me to pass on a message to these guys. WE are pay among highest in cell phone bills and we should have this ability given back to us. This isn't brain surgery Verizon. Give us back the right to be able to decide what is and what isn't important to us. 

I've taken time away from work being able to earn an income just to be able to voice my opinion and hope that you all agree.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Latest "New Update" Takes Over & "You / We" Have NO Say! :-(
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just hide them, open people app > menu > view > uncheck sim card contacts.

Also they disappear when you reboot the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just hide them, open people app > menu > view > uncheck sim card contacts.

Also they disappear when you reboot the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

I dont see the big deal having 4 contacts from VZW in your contacts list, how hard is it to just ignore them like normal people or like the above person said, just hide them.

0 Likes