Late January 2012 OTA Update Failed
saintory

Hi all,

I recently received notice on my phone that there was a software update available. The phone's not rooted or anything, and I read the pdf on it at vzw.com/thunderboltsupport so I tried t oexecute it. Unfortunately it failed, with code 402 and now Software Update -> Check new doesn't do anything anymore.

Any ideas what code 402 means? Perhaps there's a list of codes I can cross reference to lookup my problem and a possible solution?

Thanks much

0 Likes
Re: Late January 2012 OTA Update Failed
Not applicable

Hello Sainory!

I'm happy to provide you with some troubleshooting steps for the update. I know it's important to have the latest and greatest software! There are a couple of things to check when doing an update. First, please make sure you are not roaming. If you are roaming, you would need to check for the update on WIFI. You also need at least 40% battery life, or 20% if plugged into a power source. Also, you would want to make sure you have a data connection. Please try out a webpage on the phone to make sure the data works before you attempt the update again.

Sainory, if you have already tried all of these steps and are still having a problem, please send me a DM so we can dig a little deeper into the issue. I want to make sure you get your update!

Thanks!

Katie H

Verizon Wireless Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Hmm must be something they pulled cause I have a thunderbolt and I have not had a update since the 21 of December.

0 Likes
joepro29

i didn't even know there was even a january update did the january update add the clock to the app drawer again? did it fix anything else? i'm unsure i got this update my baseband data is not the same as the one on the update page

0 Likes