Just want to let everyone know that Verizon doesn't care at all about its customers!
skerfan2284

So, I am a proud thunderbolt owner. I love the phone, even without GB. Only problem is that my wife and I get very poor reception inside our house and outside in the yard as well. After having a hybrid PRL pushed to our phones, we still didnt have an improvement in signal. An in-store verizon associate told me that I would need a network extender, and that it would be FREE of charge as long as I called in to tech support to order it. After speaking with an extremely rude tech rep, I went into the store in Omaha. One of the retail reps did his best to help, but then his manager came out. He then told me that the Extenders are not free, and that they cost $249! I explained to him that I was told it would be FREE of CHARGE to me, but then he fires back with, well maybe we can take 50 dollars off. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and am actively pursuing cancelling my contract and switching to Sprint. 

0 Likes
Re: Just want to let everyone know that Verizon doesn't care at all about its customers!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
How do you know that the construction of your house isn't contributing to the poor signal? Do you have decent signal when you step outside? Could there be other obstructions like trees and hills blocking your direct line of sight to a tower or two?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Just want to let everyone know that Verizon doesn't care at all about its customers!
Wildman
Legend
I am sorry to say but your story sounds just like the one I had with Sprint when I was with them.... I feel your pain...

Wish you luck...
0 Likes
skerfan2284

That isnt the point. The point of this rant is that they told me network extender would be free, and then they turn around and try to make me pay $250.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

skerfan2284 wrote:

That isnt the point. The point of this rant is that they told me network extender would be free, and then they turn around and try to make me pay $250.

The salesman was mistaken. They have now offered you $50 offf. Your choice whether or not better service in your house is worth the $200.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

have some friends over that use sprint and at&t and figure out who gives you the best service and go with them. you can get out of your contract within the first 14 days.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

skerfan2284 wrote:

My point was talking about going to a company that has the type of practice that you are complaining about....   At least Verizon doesn't charge a monthly charge like Sprint do to use the extender..

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue with Verizon at one time.  I talked to a rep on the phone and he told me one thing, then went to the store and the rep there told me a completely different story.  Finally I got home called back in to customer service and told them what I had gone through, told them I wanted to talk to the manager directly no more reps.  They are supposed to notate your account with every conversation you have with them.  The manager went through the notes and said yup your right the first guy made a mistake but we will honor it because it was his mistake.  

Try that and see if it works for you.

P.S.. The other two companies are the same as Verizon, changing carriers isn't going to help you any, not saying you shouldn't but just know all 3's customer service is lacking depending on who you talk to and how high in the chain you complain.

0 Likes
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could be wrong but if your not geting a good signal inside and outside an Extender proably wont' do you much good. Are you in a Full 4G area or are you on the fringe. Im asuming your on the Fringe if they put you on the HYbred Network. I was swited over to the Hybred my self when I first got my T-bolt because I was on the 4G fring and was not geting a good signal. I was told that becuse I was so close to a 3G tower and the 4G tower was not as strong the phone was fighting with it's self as to which tower to use. I switched my phone to 3G only and this solved my problem, untill Full 4G came to my area now Im back on the main Network and I get a strong signal all the time with 4G.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

DroidM wrote:

I could be wrong but if your not geting a good signal inside and outside an Extender proably wont' do you much good. Are you in a Full 4G area or are you on the fringe. Im asuming your on the Fringe if they put you on the HYbred Network. I was swited over to the Hybred my self when I first got my T-bolt because I was on the 4G fring and was not geting a good signal. I was told that becuse I was so close to a 3G tower and the 4G tower was not as strong the phone was fighting with it's self as to which tower to use. I switched my phone to 3G only and this solved my problem, untill Full 4G came to my area now Im back on the main Network and I get a strong signal all the time with 4G.

The extender uses the customers broadband internet connection and the extender should still work and help with reception since is doesnt depend on the network reception...

And as for the reported that Verizon has bad cusromer service I disagree, so far they have handled all my situation well, I amit that I have had my share of bad CS reps but everyone should know if you get a person having a bad day usually customers know it by CS responces, I agreee this isnt professional but it happens..  No conpany have perfect employees pllus a number of users feel if they approach the rep with a attitude this will get a faster responce and this is correct but the responce most likely not be what they want..  

You catch more bees with honey than water...

0 Likes