Re: Just got the new update
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You may need a factory reset as it sounds like something  may have gotten borked with the update.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

dgrimm25 wrote:

Well, my phone is still randomly rebooting after the update.  Not as bad as the first 12-15 hours but has still rebooted another 2-3 times in the last 12 hours.

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

0 Likes
scottthreet32
hi can anyone check an app for me
You will need a Bluetooth headset and an app called auto answer please download install on the settings for app check enable, 2 second delay answer,only using Bt check that,do not answer when on call.
Last update caused app to forceclose.
I emailed the developer no response back so I am waiting on down grade.
Please let me know
Thank you in advance
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

dgrimm25 wrote:

Well, my phone is still randomly rebooting after the update.  Not as bad as the first 12-15 hours but has still rebooted another 2-3 times in the last 12 hours.

Hello dgrimm25!

Nobody wants to endure the aggravation of a phone rebooting, no matter how often it does.  I would like to help.

Have you tried the hard reset, just as suggested by  and crshinn?  I'm confident that will resolve the issue with the rebooting of your device.  Please share so we can provide a fix for others that are experiencing the same problem.

0 Likes
dgrimm25

AnthonyTa_VZW wrote:

dgrimm25 wrote:

Hello dgrimm25!

Nobody wants to endure the aggravation of a phone rebooting, no matter how often it does.  I would like to help.

Have you tried the hard reset, just as suggested by  and crshinn?  I'm confident that will resolve the issue with the rebooting of your device.  Please share so we can provide a fix for others that are experiencing the same problem.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  The problem has apparently gone away and I haven't had any reboots this week.  I didn't take any action.  It just cleared up.  

0 Likes
djysrv
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of issues have come up but also have been resolved.

The update turned off, for inexplacble reasons, the instand photo upload to Google +.  This problem was resolved by clearing out all the data FOR GOOGLE + ONLY on the phone, which also erases login info to Google +, and starting over.  Instand upload worked fine after logging back in.

Note that Instant Upload craps out if your local connection has two bars or less. You can recover later by selecting the photo from Gallery and sharing its via Picassa.

The update altered some of my notification sounds with a new default profile for Sounds.  Editing the notifications for each service, e.g., instand message, and for each email account, restored my preferences.

The handoff betwen 4G and 3G service areas is much more reliable and that includes going back up to 4G service as soon as I reach an area that has it.

NB: Verizon's tower coverage in each city where it has 4G service is as they say, "highly variable," and is not consistent in terms of staying on 4G even in 4G service areas.   I would add that 4G is more sensitive to interference inside buildings than 3G.  If you are in a structure, and need 4G, step outside.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I am wondering if part of the instability is there just are not as many 4G antennas placed yet. A town may have 4G but is it placed on every tower in that town??? I am thinking maybe not. So if there are 3 3G arrays set up pointing different directions and only one 4G array pointing in one direction...... See my point?

I am very tired (worked 3rd shift) and cant express myself well right now.

0 Likes