Just got the TB yesterday...YIKES
jmack02
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got this phone yesterday and am already thinking about returning it.. For 1, the battery sucks.. knew it didnt last as long as my EnV touch but had no clue that I would be attached to the freaking outlets everywhere I went.. Full Charge at 8 this morning, used it 3 times, didnt search, didnt browse and indicator went to yellow, 15%, plug it is alert at 130pm...... Really????

I may be able to live with it if I get the extended battery but how much of a differnece is it.. Wicked bulky as well?

Also, the BT in my 2011 van will not pair with the phone but does the audio player.. How is THAT possible.. I am used to turning on the van and BT automatically hooks up and calls go directly through the BT with no additional steps.. If this cant be rectified, it is a DEF take back...

Its got 3 hours to 1 day to chang my mind

HELP!!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Just got the TB yesterday...YIKES
jmack02
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks everyone for your advice...:smileyhappy:

I think I got it situated... Last night I turned the phone off.. Plugged it in.. This morning, the light was green, I unplugged it... then plugged it back in and the light was orange.. Let it charge for another 20-25 minutes. Took it off the charger at 849am.. Have 80% as of right now 402pm.... I also shut off the Wifi, and the Bluetooth last night as well.. So for right now I am happy with the battery life. Will get extended battery at some point if it isnt a monster..

now, if I can only get it to pair with my BT in my van, I will be a happy camper!!  :0)

Thanks again everyone..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rwssoccer1

Their must be something running in the background taking all ur power then...I usually get 5 hours out of mine on 4G...what i did though is get the 4g switch and i turn the 4g off whn i dont need it and just run 3g i get a hole day this way.

0 Likes
jmack02
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the Switch and where can i get it.... I have read that you cant actually turn off the 4G.. Is that accurate...  i was also told by the salesman that Verizon was coming out with an update that will turn off 4G when you want.... I have no clue what is running.. I go on FB and get my Hotmail... and text... that was it.. Oh and I also downloaded that double twist but havent added any music..  I have 5 pics and 1 20 sec video...  No news feeds or anything else.. I am skeptical about using this as a music player as well due to battery... doesnt look like a win win for me.  lol... If I buy the extended battery, i will have paid the same as the Iphone4 32g...

Came from the EnV touch and pretty much never charged my battery.. 1 every 2 days... never shut it off either... Dont get me wrong it powered down sometimes... but wasnt dying within a few hours.. Guess I am just spoiled..   :smileysurprised:)

Just very discouraged...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Follow the instructions at this link.

HOWEVER, be VERY careful doing this. Doing things in ##778 that you are not sure of, can brick the device very quickly.

0 Likes
rwssoccer1

jmack02 wrote:

What is the Switch and where can i get it.... I have read that you cant actually turn off the 4G.. Is that accurate...  i was also told by the salesman that Verizon was coming out with an update that will turn off 4G when you want.... I have no clue what is running.. I go on FB and get my Hotmail... and text... that was it.. Oh and I also downloaded that double twist but havent added any music..  I have 5 pics and 1 20 sec video...  No news feeds or anything else.. I am skeptical about using this as a music player as well due to battery... doesnt look like a win win for me.  lol... If I buy the extended battery, i will have paid the same as the Iphone4 32g...

Came from the EnV touch and pretty much never charged my battery.. 1 every 2 days... never shut it off either... Dont get me wrong it powered down sometimes... but wasnt dying within a few hours.. Guess I am just spoiled..   :smileysurprised:)

Just very discouraged...

Im with u on the env touch cause thats also what i came from...the 4g switch is actually an app in the android market...search for LTE OnOff..when u run i there is a drop down...select CDMA auto (PRL)..this will only use 3G instead of 4G

0 Likes
jmack02
Enthusiast - Level 2

And that wil help the battery? Is it the same steps to turn it back on?

0 Likes
rwssoccer1

Ignore the other persons way..and use the app i said...yes this will deff help your battery..ive had mine like this all day from 8am to now which is 4:40pm and im at 70% battery....to turn 4g back on u select CDMA+LTE/EVDO auto from the same drop down menu

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's almost impossible to properly judge a battery in the first day or so due to it not being properly calibrated and the fact that most people use it more in the first few days since it's "new".  As stated above, if you're in a 4G area, setting it to cdma auto (prl) will help.  I haven't really noticed any real difference with either setting in a non-4G area.  If you have wifi access, use it.  Wifi is much more efficient and stable than the 3G and 4G radios.  Also check apps and their sync settings.  Facebook, twitter, and multiple email apps set to sync every 15-30 minutes can drain a battery fast.  If none of that helps, give it a couple days of full charge cycles and that usually helps.  Then again there's always the change that you were given a bad battery.

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1
I usually get around 10-12 hrs one thing tjat works out is let your phone die out completly then charge it till it tells u its fully charged unpluged it let it charge for another hour or so also im using app killer sometimes it kills up 27 apps dont know why so many apps but its working for me.
0 Likes
Esschoir
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can vouch for the effectiveness of the LTE App.  I also have Juice Defender installed.  Now that it stays at 3G. I can get 24 hours plus from a charge.  And I am still going to get the extended battery once its available.  I just want to remove battery life as a concern, because the phone otherwise is way cool.

0 Likes