Is there a customer loyalty department who will listen to a problem and not just try to stall by suggesting another factory reset?
kevinpollock

I've had an issue with my HTC one since I received it almost a year ago.  Both verizon and HTC have had me troubleshoot the device extensively, even though all indications are that it's not specifically my device, as my wife and a co worker have the same issue.  It has to do with conference calls, and not being able to hear one or more people on the call...other attendees sound fine, but there's always one or two who's voice fades out and trails off to the point of being unintelligible.  This, unfortunately, is a large part of my job, and I have to resort to a non-verizon phone to dial into conference calls.

I would like to stay with verizon, but you guys really are making it difficult.  Everything's great, as long as we don't complain, but after being a customer for over a decade, you can't even give me an early upgrade?  I think I'm due in October, but this issue has been going on for almost a year...

This same issue has been reported with HTC One's on Sprint as well.

HTC refuses to do anything about it, and pointed me to Verizon.

Verizon refuses to do anything about it, other than swap out the phone for the same model (which won't help)...or sell me a new phone at full price, because I am not eligible for an upgrade yet!  How is this good customer service?

Is there anyone there who cares about customers, and has the ability to think outside the box, or is empowered to help avoid a very negative c-sat issue?

0 Likes
Re: Is there a customer loyalty department who will listen to a problem and not just try to stall by suggesting another factory reset?
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it helps, they won't let me upgrade early either. We're all in this together. also see this other persons rant about the same issue: Why is it that Verizon is aware of the defective HTC One, and the ability to hear people on conferen...

hmmm. yeah, I'll stick with waiting for the LG G3

0 Likes
Re: Is there a customer loyalty department who will listen to a problem and not just try to stall by suggesting another factory reset?
kevinpollock

Really Verizon?>?  Not even token reply to tell me to do a hard reset? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

What do you want Verizon to do? They did not screw up your device HTC did. And the issues are cross carriers, and across many makes of devices. So shall we blame Verizon wireless for every single operating system update? I hardly think so.

If consumers, you will note I did not say customers beat the phone maker up over the device failures, they will deflect to Google for the updated software. Hardware with software are supposed to work together. However sometimes it does not.

Also Verizon has opted not to grant early upgrades. Its their policy and it is their business. We as customers have the option of leaving for another carrier if we feel service is bad.

Then should I look for the same complaint on T-Mobiles forum? Sprints? Or even AT&T? They are all seeing the issues but are in the same pickle as Verizon customers.

Good Luck

0 Likes