Is the Thunderbolt compatible with bluetooth in a 2014 Nissan?
rhakct

Dealer says no, phone works fine in vehicle but truck loses phonebook after power is shut off - dealer blames phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2014 Nissan not compatible with Thunderbolt?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rhakct

Thanks for those details. Having the convenience of the phonebook being loaded in the truck is awesome. It’s odd that it worked for a while then stopped. My concern is that the software version for your phone is current and hasn’t been changed. Has the truck’s Bluetooth software been updated? Please try resetting the Bluetooth app on the phone and re-establishing a connection (you’ll have to pair the two again) with the truck to see if that helps. Here’s a link to steps to reset the app http://vz.to/1Tf8xsL . Let me know if that stops the trouble.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rhakct,

Being able to safely use your phone while in your vehicle is important. You made the right decision by checking in with the dealer, as they’re able to confirm compatibility, but some phones are not fully compatible with the Bluetooth software in a car or truck. This may be due to the software/Bluetooth version on the phone or the version of the Bluetooth you have in your truck. Let’s see if there’s something else that can be done.

What software version do you have in your phone http://vz.to/21gaZVw ? When did you start having trouble with the truck losing the phonebook? What disruption in power is causing the phonebook loss (truck being turned off or the phone)?

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rhakct

Phone has software 7.02.605.10710RD -

Truck seemed to work good for a couple of months, Phonebook loss happens after the truck has been shut off and then later restarted. As long as truck is powered up after phonebook has been reloaded and not shut off for any reason it works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rhakct

Thanks for those details. Having the convenience of the phonebook being loaded in the truck is awesome. It’s odd that it worked for a while then stopped. My concern is that the software version for your phone is current and hasn’t been changed. Has the truck’s Bluetooth software been updated? Please try resetting the Bluetooth app on the phone and re-establishing a connection (you’ll have to pair the two again) with the truck to see if that helps. Here’s a link to steps to reset the app http://vz.to/1Tf8xsL . Let me know if that stops the trouble.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
rhakct

OK - did what you suggested and it held all day, looks good but I'll wait a few days before I'll say it's fixed - thanks for your help and I'll let you know the outcome.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rhakct,

That’s wonderful! I’m glad that it was able to keep the address book for you making it more convenient to use your phone while you’re driving about. Please keep me posted. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
rhakct

all seems to be working as it should, Thanks for your help !!!

0 Likes