Re: Is the Thunderbolt a ...
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Mike,

I personally love my Tbolt and have not had the reboot issues alot of others here have had in fact i havent had 1 issue with it yet..  The 4G in my area now makes this thing smoke on the web i actually turn off wifi to use the 4G.  The one and only complaint i have is the battery life blows, but as smartphone user, the stock batteries always suck..

i am running Stock non rooted also

Just my .02

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
vzw's the best system around.

get the t-bolt or other 4g phone if you want/need to talk a & do internet at same time.
0 Likes
neilk

I just made the jump from AT&T to Verizon on Thursday.  I selected the Thunderbolt because I preferred its display to the overly bright Charge's.  I also know more people with the Thunderbolt who are pleased with that device.  I have not had any issues so far (only been 3 full days).  I have been getting about 9 hours of use to a charge.  I easily installed my employers software to access the corporate email and have no issues synching email, calendar, or contacts.  No issues with LTE though I see it switch between LTE and 1XRTT every now and then.  I assume this will get corrected in an upcoming update (and Gingerbread).  I had hoped the Droid Bionic would have been out already but wanted to ensure I got unlimited data more than a phone of unknown reliability and quirks.

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

I too am one who is happy with my Thunderbolt (my first smartphone). The only issue I've had with it were occasional random reboots after the MR1 update. But, those are now gone after flashing the leaked MR2 RUU (non-rooted) back on June 10. Obviously, HTC and Verizon are working on fixing this (and various other minor issues) with a forthcoming update. I've read in various places that the MR2 update is on its fifth revision (they want to get it right) and slated for official release very soon. And that the next update after that, MR3, will contain Gingerbread (time will tell on that though). I'm just happy the random reboots are fixed and am now just waiting (impatiently) for 4G LTE in my area (I have experienced 4G LTE numerous times when traveling and it's awesome to say the least!). I read that Birmingham was supposed to get it around the time Mobile and Montgomery went live back in May. But the tornados at the end of April destroyed 4 cell towers and damaged others around the Birmingham area causing a major delay. Anyway, back to the Thunderbolt.... it really is an awesome phone, I like the weight and feel of the phone physically. The kickstand is just hands down the bomb! I can't imagine having a phone without one. The HTC Sense UI is intuitive and fast (love the weather clock on the home screen). Add in an extra stock battery, an extended battery, and a Seidio Multi Function Battery Charger and you always have a charged battery ready to go. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
fire_mike

So now I have a question for those that like their Thunderbolt.  How is viewing the screen in the sun?  It seems like it would be hard to see based on the way it looked in the store.

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

It can be difficult to view in direct sunlight. But frankly, I rarely use my phone in such an environment, nor would I want to regardless of device. Besides, it's easy to briefly shade the screen or just get out of direct sunlight. :smileywink:

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I don't have the Thunderbolt (I'm a Sensation owner), but I would think that if you turn the brightness all the way up or set it to auto-brightness, you could see the display in direct sunlight.  I wouldn't recommend long-term use in this situation, but quickly checking an email, text message or making a phone call should be OK.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the screen is tough to see in bright direct sunlight, but if i turn so that i'm shading it, then i can see it fine. also....i LOVE my tbolt and have none of the issues you see on these forums. as you noticed (from checking the iphone forum) if you go to ANY of the forums for any phone, you will see the people with problems. keep in mind though, the tbolt outsold the iphone in the 2nd quarter so there are likely well over a million of these in circulation, and a handful of people you see here are having issues with it. i would get it, try it for a week, and then decide. keep in mind that you can only exchange for a different device once though.

0 Likes