Is a year too much to ask???
kelzcan

Why is it that we as consumers are excepting less than what we paid for? I had a thunderbolt that I purchased new and am within my 12 month manufacturer's warranty when my cell phone went postal. I have always kept my phone protected in an otter box case and when I was at work, out of no where it staredt shutting off and on, I kept hearing the thunderbolt sound over and over. After trying to shut it down and then removing the battery it came on for a short amount of time then died completely. I took it to the Verizon store in which they told me that Verizon had done a major update and they think it may have crashed my phone. Well today I received my replacement phone and it happened to be refurbished. I don't so much have a problem with a refurbished phone as I do the fact that I should be receiving a new 12 month warranty. I purchased a product that said it would be repaired or replaced with new or rebuilt parts, NO WHERE did it state that I would receive a whole "used phone" that only comes with a 90 day warranty. My issue being if the whole product is replaced, that in a sense equals a replaced phone and should come with a replaced warranty equal to that of receiving a new phone. How am I to know what this "refurbished phone" has been through prior to my getting it? Who had it before me? How was it treated? My question to Verizon was if your replacing my device in which I purchased new with a used unit why shouldn't I be warranteed the full 12 month warranty in which I originally purchased with my phone when I am essentially getting a whole new device to which nothing about it's past history is being disclosed?  For all I know I just received Walmart's display unit in which every Tom, Dick, and Harry and their children have had their hands on?  How is it my fault that this phone malfunctioned and did not withstand the full 12 month warranty in which it was covered by? Verizon may be laughing all the way to the bank, but why are we letting them! If I have to settle for a refurbished replacement phone then I deserve a warranty that covers that phone equal to the one I purchased new! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

0 Likes
Re: Is a year too much to ask???
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Because they don't listen to us at all.  All they care about is the bottom line an when they have you locked in to  2 year contract you're as helpless as a turtle on its back.  Only solution is run from Verizon as soon as you can.

0 Likes
Re: Is a year too much to ask???
kelzcan

Sad, but true. I will be giving Verizon the boot when my contract is up, but like you said we are also locked in on a contract. But eventually we won't be. They are committing robbery without any consequence. I wish someone would step in on the consumers behalf.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes