Ice Cream Sandwich Update - Now no phone or contacts
CarolinaGirl86

My HTC Thunderbolt automatically updated to the new ICS OS overnight. I now am unable to use the phone to make a call and have lost my contacts as well. When I tap the phone app I get the message, "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped". I can receive calls but cannot initiate a call. Anyone have a fix for this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Update - Now no phone or contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CaolinaGirl86,

Yikes! That is horrible. Operating system updates are meant to make your device better and not worse. Let's get right to work and resolve this immediately. To further assist you, please follow me (MatthewS_VZW) and then DM me with your contact information so I can speak with you directly, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
JoeFriday

It was all I could do to keep from driving to verizon and throwing my Thunderbolt through the window after I woke up to the ICS update which made my phone absolute junk. It acted like I would expect a laptop to if it was built for Windows 95 but you installed Windows 7. Slow doesn't even begin to describe it. Yesterday I finally broke down and tried a factory reset after backing up all my photos and videos. I hated to lose all of my messages (which I didn't think to back up), but it seems like I finally have my phone back. I've read mixed reviews but it worked for me. Good luck.

0 Likes
cam829

<Duplicate post deleted for crossposting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeFriday, I'm here to ease your frustrations. I can understand how a situation like this can make you feel this way. Our friends at HTC send updates to resolve issues, fix bugs, and implement new exciting features. Unfortunately, this update can conflict with existing applications downloaded to your phone. That was a good judgement call that you made to master reset your phone. A hard reset usually fixes this issue.

Have you tried to access your contacts online at our website? Click http://bit.ly/xB4iTc to sign into your account, place your cursor on top of "My Verizon," and select "Back up my contacts." I hope this information is helpful to you.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes