Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
Tidbits
Legend

Buy a Droid RAZR and tell me what you think is bloatware.  90% of the stuff Motorola puts on there 99% of people will never use and accounts for 560MB of total space, and that doesn't account for Motoblur.  Verizon service apps account for a lot less than that.  Last I remember post I remember Motorola put 22 apps on there, and the 2 that will probably used the most is going to be Motocast/Zumocast, and quite possibly that business app that starts with a C(I forget the name, but it requires a subscription to use iirc).  Been a while since I owned a recent Motorola device(Droid X2/3 was my last two and haven't thought about buying another).

I am not talking about Motoblur, Sense, or Touchwiz.  Personally out of all of those I prefer Motoblur, but that's a different subject all together.

It could be a similar thread like this one.  There are so many it hard to keep up with...

0 Likes
kansasboy91

Can we please get back on topic and stop complaining about stupid crap? This is about the Update to ICS not bloatware on the RAZR or any other crap. I want to know about ICS and ICS only for the Rezound not stupid off topic BS under some made up bloatware tab.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That isn't a bad ideal but the reality is that nothing or no one can change when the update will be released, but on the same note you need to understand bloatware and other applications that are added to the roms usually cause the delays on the update getting released because the OS has to tested with all applications installed on the device to verify it for any incompatibility issues.

You are upset about the update not being released but I am sure you would be twice as upset if you got the update and the device becomes useless, this has happened to a number of devices before..

Basically the problem you have is that you bought a device for what you was told it would get instead of getting something you wanted and was happy with. this is one of the biggest mistakes when it comes to buying a product.

No disrespect but when all is said and done you will simply have to wait for the update to be released like all other users..

B33
Legend

Kind of like we did with Gingerbread for the X and ICS for the Razr's who was that a Long W.M. many sleepless nights..

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

jking87 wrote:

why not have the best and fastest updates ....galaxy s 3 ....

updates for samsungs are not fast, ask any fascinate owner

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

mdram4x4 wrote:

jking87 wrote:

ha yup.  I was one of those unfortunate souls (well not too unfortunate thanks to Adrynalyne and the awesome dev community).  It's bad when they sell docks that have a sticker over the headset port saying "will be enabled with android 2.0" update and then wait ~7months or more to push it out.  And then you have the poor Continuum owners...

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

jking87 wrote:

ha yup.  I was one of those unfortunate souls (well not too unfortunate thanks to Adrynalyne and the awesome dev community).  It's bad when they sell docks that have a sticker over the headset port saying "will be enabled with android 2.0" update and then wait ~7months or more to push it out.  And then you have the poor Continuum owners...

they have ics for the fascy now, and jb in beta.  the fascy dev community is still going strong

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I normally agree because I was not a fan of anything Samsung and after having the Nexus I learned to hate them more. boy was that device screwed..

Now I have the S3 and I am a believer again that Samsung can make a nice device....  BUT I WONT HOLD MY BREATH FOR ANY UPDATES SOON, BUT I DON'T SEE ANY BUGS NEEDING FIX.

Smiley Happy  Knock on Wood...

0 Likes
Rod6787
Enthusiast - Level 3

Support page has been updated...ICS Documents are there to download....

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Wildman wrote:

I normally agree because I was not a fan of anything Samsung and after having the Nexus I learned to hate them more. boy was that device screwed..

Now I have the S3 and I am a believer again that Samsung can make a nice device....  BUT I WONT HOLD MY BREATH FOR ANY UPDATES SOON, BUT I DON'T SEE ANY BUGS NEEDING FIX.

Smiley Happy  Knock on Wood...

i just picked up the sIII for my wife last night and i agree. "as is" that device is insane! now i want one...lol. i was hoping to use her upgrade, but her allias II finally bit the bullet and she decided she wanted a smartphone. after 1 hour with it she couldn't believe she had waited this many years to get a smartphone.

0 Likes