Re: ICS Rezound as early as May 9?
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

I've waiting for the update just like most of you. I've had my rezound for about 2 weeks. I'm hearing stuff about the first leak and second leak. I'm not sure if my has the latest updates. Whenever I do a software update and it checks for any updates, it just goes away. It never says if there any updates or no updates available. Is that normal with this phone?  This is my first HTC phone.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I had that problem with my Thunderbolt as did many others before the GB update. I had a couple of theories, but I never found out why for sure and Verizon never felt the need to explain it, or offer to help. Mine finally started working again and downloaded the GB update, but several others never got it to work and ended up having to get a CLN replacement. I'd suggest you take it into your Verizon dealer and also call Verizon CS to report it and make sure everyone makes notes about it in their computers. Even if they don't do anything and claim it's not a known problem, you'll have the problem on record.

I still haven't seen any announcements on Verizon, or HTC about the ICS update for the Rezound, so I'm still considering the May 9th update as a rumor. I've been wrong before, but Verizon normally announces updates before they happen.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i had the same issue on my tbolt as well. when i set the radio to 1X, it would actually look for, and find (if applicable) the update. after i got the first update using this method, it worked fine going forward. i've been told by many people that this shouldn't have ad anything do to with my issue, and that it was likely a coincidence. however, someone gave me this suggestion because that was how they found an update, and it worked for me. (they update then, of course, took a LONG time to download. it was a year ago so i don't remember how long.....but i want to say well over an hour).

0 Likes
BadAzzFireman

It should say "No New software update available"

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Everyone told me the same thing about my fix. The Market had updated and I hadn't updated it on my phone. On another forum I read that someone had fixed their problem by updating to the new Market, so as soon as I did, I started getting the software messages again. I don't care if it was a coincidence, or if it worked for anyone else, all I know is it started working.

0 Likes
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the tips. I went to Verizon today to play with the demo phone. Of course there phone worked as it should have. I did check the software and build versions. Everything was the same as on my phone. The Rep suggested I do a hard reset and see if that fixes it. I decided to hold off on that. I didnt want to go through having to setup my phone all over again. Im the hoping the update will correct the few issues that I am having.

0 Likes
cmhyson
Contributor - Level 1

its amazing that verizon fails to keep its custmorers up to date on ICS updates. I wouldnt get too excited over this. Lest update Verizon thought it would be funny and cute to throw in that location agent that doesnt even work with the rezound that currently as a 1.1 star average review on the android market. Who knows what they will think of next.

0 Likes
jonesytv
Enthusiast - Level 1

lol!

0 Likes
Mad25

It's amazing to me that Verizon and HTC can play the old bait and switch game and get away with it. When I bought the rezound I only went with it because the only phone available last December with the Ice Cream Sandwich was the Galaxy Nexus but it was just being released, was more expensive and was backordered. Since the rezound was supposed to get the update in the first quarter of 2012 I decided to go with it. Now I see people saying that if they don't get it before their due the next upgrade they will just upgrade to another phone or they will use the bootleg version which if it goes wrong you have to pay more money to these companies to get it fixed. Everything about this is so wrong. I think everybody should consider a class action suit since this action is what it deserves. These companies are being dishonest and getting away with it.

0 Likes
QuietStormzx9
Contributor - Level 1

@MAD25: THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I THINK MY NEXT DEVICE WILL BE AN IPHONE AS LONG AS IT'S 4G AND HOPEFULLY A LARGER SCREEN. WHEN APPLE'S UPDATE'S IT SOFTWARE, ITS READY FOR ALL DEVICES. I'VE BEEN A FAN OF ANDROID FOR A WHILE BUT AFTER OWNING AN IPAD AND SPEAKING WITH FRIENDS THAT HAVE IPHONES, THEY DON'T SEEM TO HAVE THE ISSUES THAT WE HAVE WITH ANDROID PHONES. I DO LIKE THE FREEDOM OF ANDROID BUT HELL IM NOT SURE IT'S WORTH IT. I WANT A QUALITY DEVICE THAT WORKS ALL THE TIME. I HAD MY REZOUND FOR A MONTH NOW AND ALREADY HAD TO GO BACK IN TO GET IT CHECKED OUT.

0 Likes