Re: I won't get fooled again...
rickhansen

Glad to hear your device works great! If mine did as well, I'd be fairly happy, too.

I got my DroidX when my wife's phone was ready for an upgrade. Verizon had a two-for-one promo going on, and as much as I liked my Eris, a bigger screen seemed like a good thing for my aging eyes. Both great phones and served me well.

I have 5 lines with Verizon, and because how the contract dates are scattered, I have the opportunity to up grade one or more nearly on an annual basis. I have one qualified line right now and may or may not use the upgrade to solve my problem. Like many Tbolt owners, I have worked out a system to take care of the battery issue - I've got chargers at my office, on my night stand, in my car, kitchen counter and my office at home. The only time the thing isn't plugged in, is when it's in my pocket.

My problem is, my "smart phone" is not a toy - it's not an Mp3 player, a mobile movie theater, something to play games on to pass the time or surf the internet. The ONLY reason I upgraded was the Tbolt's ability to have a telephone conversation, put them on speaker and open a browser to view an on-line document and discuss business.  Kept me from carrying around a laptop with a wireless card. And the phone works wonderfully for that purpose - except for the inconsistancies in the data signal... and the earlier reboot problem.... oh, and text messages going to someone else in your phone book. And when it locks up, you just pull the battery and reboot. Easy fix, right? Ouch, I just remembered - was the security flaw with the last update ever resolved?

Right now, I've configured my Tbolt to be a 3G phone only - even though I'm in a solid LTE area. I don't mind having 3G only - what I care about is not having a reliable data connection AT ALL, even with the phone forced into it's current state.

Yeah, I bought into the hype, bought the phone to early and paid three times as much for it as someone who waited six months...

But like I said, I won't be fooled again.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Users usually buy a device for the look or just to say they have latest and greatest and then complain about the battery, screen, design, software of any bug they find, I just like to point out the commonsense factor..

My view is that the concept of adding more and more power into theses devices make no sense and also adding other power demanded items (Smackware:smileywink: ) when a developer already knows that the power is already insufficient to last. On the same note that these device has became so power intensive that a user cant even use their device while they are charging the device because the charger only supplies enough to charge device or keep the power on.

Another thing is that due to the device requiring so much power that the battery cells are regularly getting burned out because they most devices chargers cant keep battery charged when the device is on.  I am not one to care about adding bulk because I have had the extended battery for every device I ever owned, some I never used the stock battery because I acknowledged the inadequate power that it supplies.

Its getting to the point its like putting a battery from a pinto in a simi truck and expecting the vehicle to work as designed.  Also when a device is working on insufficient power users get the freezing and rebooting issue that a number complain about, this usually cause overheating of CPU as well...

0 Likes
amberliciousCA

I cannot believe this forum - its like somebody peeked into my life and wrote my life story... title of the book - HTC ThunderBolt SUCKS SO BAD!!!!

I have had the worst 6 months - living in wireless HELL at the hands of Verizon Wireless and the worst customer service reps ever; and the HTC ThunderBolt.

Worst part to me - the customer service reps totally act like i'm the ONLY person with ThunderBolt issues - like i'm making it up. This forum alone proves its a terrible phone, and Verizon should step up and take responsibility for this cluster-frick of a product.

I am relieved that I am indeed, not crazy and that I have ordered the new iPhone through AT&T.

Cannot wait for it to come in the mail - i will be singing and dancing as I port out and tell Verizon where to shove it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

@amberliciousCA

Ok I dont get how going to a worst network and customer service will resolve anything, I may have issues at times with my TB but basically it hasnt been bad enough to make me concider dealing with AT&T bad service...   Also you could not pay me to carry a iPhone because that device is such a simple, basic device but of course each to their own..

If Verizon resolve the data issue I wouldnt have any complaints about my device....

Good Luck with AT&T...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

what is this data issue youare all talking about anyway? i haven't had any issues (well.....three times. once, they were working on towers and the other 2 times it just was in and out for about 2-3 hours....but not bad for 6 months i think??).

0 Likes
Tdeglow

Wildman you took the words out of my mouth lol...I have issues with my TB once in a while...acts sluggish sometimes, or just the batterylife in general...but overall it is a good phone...OK an Iphone can last all day on it's 3G coverage and minimal apps...and Siri can tell you where to hide a dead body..but seriously...Verizon has, hands down, the best 3G and 4G LTE coverage anywhere. AT&T is spotty period...good luck and see you in a year or so when you switch back Amber...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

what is this data issue youare all talking about anyway? i haven't had any issues (well.....three times. once, they were working on towers and the other 2 times it just was in and out for about 2-3 hours....but not bad for 6 months i think??).

I am assuming that this question was directed at my statement, if so the data issue I have when using Mobile Hotspot, the data regularly loose connection by it going dormant and force me to have to cycle airplane mode to get it back and sometimes I simply have to restart to get it to restore.

Before assuming it could be hardware or device related, I have excluded this because I have 2 TB and a Droid X and have experienced this no matter what device I am using.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ahhh....i've only used hotspot a couple of times so i guess i haven't had the problem.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

ahhh....i've only used hotspot a couple of times so i guess i haven't had the problem.

It does it when just using the device also but it really act up when I am using Hotspot..

0 Likes
nosynths

I'm in the camp that absolutely loves my Tbolt.  I had an Eris before this and this sooo blows it away.

I see posts on here where people have had their phones replaced mulitple times and still complain

about customer service.  Maybe I'm just lucky but my phone rocks!

0 Likes