I have no 4G service EVER!! It is always on 3G, anyone know why?
RubyRae
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this phone for almost a week now, and it still will not show that i have 4G service, always on 3G. I tried turning the phone on and off like customer service told me too. Also just plain restarting the darn thing. And nothing, so frustrating. I wanted a 4G phone to use 4G, not 3G. Any tips would be greatly helpful and thanks everyone in advance for and advice!!!!

0 Likes
Re: I have no 4G service EVER!! It is always on 3G, anyone know why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the phone set to LTE/CDMA mode?

Settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > network mode > LTE/CDMA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

B33
Legend

RubyRae wrote:

I have had this phone for almost a week now, and it still will not show that i have 4G service, always on 3G. I tried turning the phone on and off like customer service told me too. Also just plain restarting the darn thing. And nothing, so frustrating. I wanted a 4G phone to use 4G, not 3G. Any tips would be greatly helpful and thanks everyone in advance for and advice!!!!

Ruby let's try this how about giving us the Area were you live..Like the city or County so we can see if there is 4G in your Area. Or if you would prefer. This is another way to find if you have the 4G or Not. This is the Coverage maps for Verizon an this is the K.C. Ks Area Just Click on the Link i provided an it will take you there. While there Type in your City or Zip an it will show the map of your Area an to see the 4G just click on the 4G Circle then refresh the Map an it will Pop up the 4G it will be in a Dark Red Color. Best of luck B33  

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST&zip=66115&city=K...

phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had bad 4g in my town since Thursday. I never get good 4g all day, I think part of is Verizon the rest is the thunderbolt. I personally will never buy another HTC phone the way this one works. Never had such a bad phone ever, I would look at the motorola phone if I were you. To bad I can't return mine.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I have always liked HTC..it is a shame that the new phones on the new network are having a hard time. I had the eris when it came out and had no problems with it. Also had no bloatware etc.. However, my blackberry is looking better every day lately. I have never wanted an iPhone but, yeah, shoulda gone iPhone this round.

JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

I jumped the T-Mobile ship when they had a possibility of becoming AT&T simply because I don't like AT&T for reasons it would take too long to describe here.  After several months with Verizon and the Thunderbolt I've been underwhelmed but even more so since my wife was given an LG Nitro on AT&T by her employer.  Unlike my TB the Nitro gets 4G EVERYWHERE and its always super fast unlike my TB which gets spotty 4G everywhere.  Last week we took a trip which took us down I-4 in Central FLA through 3 counties; Seminole, Orange, and Osceola so I did a side by side test during that trip by simply trying to browse the same web sites.  Keep in mind both phones have the same apps and are configured as closely as possible. The Nitro kept a fast 4G signal during the entire trip while my TB would constantly drop from 4G, zero service, to 1X and keep cycling.  Even a stationary location like home, work, or wherever the TB can be sitting flat on a desk and have a great 4G signal one moment and the next it will completely die getting no service or 1X without moving the phone a single millimeter.  To make matters worse my extra capacity battery was 1/2 drained after that trip and her stock battery was nearly fully charged. Both started out fully charged. My TB feels like it weighs 10 pounds with that battery next to the Nitro.  I'm not sure if I can blame HTC or the Verizon network but one thing that is certain I seriously doubt I would buy either again.

RubyRae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is in LTE mode....thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes
RubyRae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the map, I didn't realize it was on the website! It says some things may interfere with the 4G service so maybe its my apartment building. Haven't really paid attention elsewhere! Thanks again for the help!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome Ruby.. glad i could Help! Smiley Happy  B33