Re: I hate this Thunderbolt and I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AZSALUKI
Legend

now if i could only HEAR what i record!!!!! lol!!!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Now y'all have me purposely not powering down my phone to see how long I go without a reboot. I just spent 97 minutes on the phone and all was good. 

0 Likes
macmanchad

The day I bought my Thunderbolt it showed that an update was available, so it was rebooting itself about 2 hours after it was taken out of the box. I took it back to the store where the gal told me I'd have to pay $35 if I wanted them to return it as a "restock" fee. I wish I would have cancelled my service at this point. Since my area has had additional 4G coverage activated it has become more stable, but now it will lose the data connection at random and sometimes won't get it back unless I go into and out of airplane mode. The majority of the time when I go to use the Google Navigation app or Google Maps, the GPS can't get a lock. It didn't take my Motorola Droid two minutes to figure out where I was, regardless of a clear view of the sky. And my Motorola Droid could last a full day of being used randomly (plus listening to podcasts through Google Listen), whereas this thing is dead by noon despite being plugged in overnight.

I paid full price for this phone because I was a month and a half away from my upgrade and the store refused to help me out with my dead (and noted that I was having continuous issues with) Droid. When I got the Droid it was because it was the best Android experience money could buy, and I wanted to try to continue with that idea. Why is it that my friends and neighbors can get new VZW phones for free, no contract extension or anything? I swear they can have a dead battery and they're handed a new phone, but when I have a problem with my phone I get told that a software update will fix it, it's coming out soon, maybe I need to restart my phone more often (yeah right, it gets rebooted once a day when the battery dies), maybe I should do a factory reset, maybe I should leave my phone at the store so they can wipe and reload the operating system...

I'm getting really tired of being lead on like this.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

macmanchad wrote:

The day I bought my Thunderbolt it showed that an update was available, so it was rebooting itself about 2 hours after it was taken out of the box. I took it back to the store where the gal told me I'd have to pay $35 if I wanted them to return it as a "restock" fee. I wish I would have cancelled my service at this point. Since my area has had additional 4G coverage activated it has become more stable, but now it will lose the data connection at random and sometimes won't get it back unless I go into and out of airplane mode. The majority of the time when I go to use the Google Navigation app or Google Maps, the GPS can't get a lock. It didn't take my Motorola Droid two minutes to figure out where I was, regardless of a clear view of the sky. And my Motorola Droid could last a full day of being used randomly (plus listening to podcasts through Google Listen), whereas this thing is dead by noon despite being plugged in overnight.

I paid full price for this phone because I was a month and a half away from my upgrade and the store refused to help me out with my dead (and noted that I was having continuous issues with) Droid. When I got the Droid it was because it was the best Android experience money could buy, and I wanted to try to continue with that idea. Why is it that my friends and neighbors can get new VZW phones for free, no contract extension or anything? I swear they can have a dead battery and they're handed a new phone, but when I have a problem with my phone I get told that a software update will fix it, it's coming out soon, maybe I need to restart my phone more often (yeah right, it gets rebooted once a day when the battery dies), maybe I should do a factory reset, maybe I should leave my phone at the store so they can wipe and reload the operating system...

I'm getting really tired of being lead on like this.

It's $35. Really. For a phone you don't like and want to return. Also, your friends and neighbors get new Verizon phones for free most likely because they do a warranty claim. There is NO WAY  to get an upgrade for free without renewing a 2 year contract. Even the free promos require a contract extension. Your friends and neighbors are lying to you if they say otherwise.

I don't know why you're complaining... If you paid full price for the TBolt like you said you did, you'd be able to cancel your service at any time.... If you didn't really pay full price, then why wouldn't you just pay $35 rather than be stuck for 2 years with a phone you don't like??? Really don't get this one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote on 06-30-2011 at 3:57pm:
140 hours 42 minutes. Mine keeps going and going. :smileywink:
SO CLOSE! :smileysad: The Tbolt rebooted about 5-10 minutes ago. 20 hours and 30 minutes after the post quoted above. :smileysad: :smileymad: I was trying to get to a week between any kind of reboot whether it was me turning the phone off, a battery pull or the reboot bug. :smileymad:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

Ann154 wrote on 06-30-2011 at 3:57pm:
140 hours 42 minutes. Mine keeps going and going. :smileywink:
SO CLOSE! :smileysad: The Tbolt rebooted about 5-10 minutes ago. 20 hours and 30 minutes after the post quoted above. :smileysad: :smileymad: I was trying to get to a week between any kind of reboot whether it was me turning the phone off, a battery pull or the reboot bug. :smileymad:

count your blessings. once every few days is MUCH batter than some of the people here.

0 Likes
kballard72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have notice when traveling by car, my wife's and mine rebooted within 2 minutes of each other... Coincedence?

0 Likes
sonicanatidae
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I haven't seen this verified or confirmed by HTC or Verizon,

I've seen a few forums posts in other places.

It's been said that the problem seems to be related to changing

data connection types. e.g. when your phone changes from 4G to 3G

or 3G to EDGE..

Just guesswork.

I've also heard that formatting your SDcard  has fixed the problem

for some.

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
macmanchad

I paid full price for the phone because I was a month and a half away from my upgrade, and VZW wouldn't upgrade me then even if it did extend my contract (and I was willing to do that). I'm still on this contract through November. However, if I cancel, my early termination fee is only $85, probably less now.

In any case, asking me to pay $35 to replace a phone that was broken out of the box was a slap in the face. I don't know of any other company that can get away with selling a product they know is broken, then require the customer to pay for the privilege of getting a working one.

Regarding my friends and neighbors, after talking with some other folks, they basically told me it's because I only have one line. Everybody I know that VZW bends over backwards for is on a family plan.

When the phone works it is indeed impressive, between that and the shock of having to pay a fee to get a working phone after having bought this one is why I ended up waiting. Oh yeah, and the ever looming promise that a software update that really will fix everything this time is on the horizon.

0 Likes
KAMAL69

I was told by a Verizonwireless tech that a new update was coming out this week,well the week is almost over now and still no update for this piece of crap. Come Monday I will be calling and demanding that they give me a different phone I hate the HTC brand..Never again...

0 Likes