I cannot find the Backup Assistant Plus application
ptherrien
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC Rezound and I have Backup Assistant Plus but I can't seem to find it to configure it.

I go to >Settings>Apps>All and I see 2 'Backup Assistant Plus' apps.  One is Version 1.0 and the other is Version 1.0.93.

But when I go to my Apps screen I do not see either of these apps. 

How do I configure this app?  Or get rid of it?

When I try to disable it I get a message 'If you disable a built-in app other apps may misbehave'.

Re: I cannot find the Backup Assistant Plus application
HalSK

Try Menu > Settings > Accounts and Sync > Backup Assistant Plus and you should get a configuration screen.

See also http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/how_to_use/backup_assistant.html

In spite of complaints you may see here, I have good luck with Customer Customer service, but you may have to be persistent.Ask for technical help.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would disable the app itself. It is nothing but trouble. When you get that message telling you Apps may misbehave, accept it and disable it. The only apps that will cause your phone or any app on your phone to mis behave are the HTC Apps, or system apps.  Verizon added a bunch of Bloatware to all of our phones and they are part of the device Software Build. Disabling them only means Backup Assistant will NOT work.

ptherrien
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not see Backup Assistant Plus in the Accounts & Sync screen.

I also looked at the link you have given and it says this about how to install Backup Assistant Plus:

<quote>

Android™ & BlackBerry®

Backup Assistant will already be installed on compatible Android and BlackBerry devices.

To open Backup Assistant, find and click on the Backup Assistant icon in your device’s Application menu.

</unquote>

So, I can't find it, and I can't install it, yet it is on my Rezound.

0 Likes
ptherrien
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the heads up.  You may be correct.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Any time. I do have quite a few of these apps disabled and NO system instability etc... I know this method is safe as there is NO integration into the OS with the BUA app.

0 Likes