I can't activate my new HTC One
Smartphoneuser1

Just received a new HTC One in the mail. I turned it on, choose English as the language and let it begin activation. It has said it's been activating for the last hour, stuck on the same page. The labels say that it comes preinstalled with a SIM card, but it appears that another one came with it. My last phone (a windows phone) is broken, so it's definitely turned off. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: I can't activate my new HTC One
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Smartphoneuser1

I want you to be able to enjoy your new HTC One device!  Let's see what we need to do to active your new device.

First, are you in a Verizon Wireless coverage area?  In what zip code are you located?  Here's a link with instructions for inserting and removing the SIM Card for the HTC One: http://vz.to/1pka0DP.  Let's ensure the SIM Card is inserted properly.  It is necessary for the device to activate.  Here's a link with activation and setup instructions: http://vz.to/1pkagmb.  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bslatton

I tried that and it's still doing the same thing, says "activating".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps, bslatton!  I would love to further assist you in activating your new device.

Please accept my "Follow" request, follow me back and send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist with activating your new device.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
bond87

I'm having the same exact issue.  4g is showing at the top but it won't let me clear the activating screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bond87!

I want to ensure you're able to activate your new device.  Have you tried powering off the device, removing and reinserting the SIM Card, powering back on and reattempting the activation?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes