How to use WiFi only on Thunderbolt
jjfdvm72

I am going on a cruise to Bahamas and want to be able to activate my WiFi without incurring any roaming charges. I basically wonder if I could disable my 3g/4g and phone signal, while still able to use my wifi. That way I could send email from a WiFi hotspot without being charged international roaming.
Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to use WiFi only on Thunderbolt
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn on the Airplane Mode and then turn on the wifi and connect to an available wifi network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn on the Airplane Mode and then turn on the wifi and connect to an available wifi network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
urkillinme

You have a widget that will allow you to turn off the Interent connection. Long press your screen. Hit Widgets. Scroll till you see it. It will look like (if I remember) a box with arrows going up and down. That is a short cut to do it. You can also go to menu, settings, wireless and network,look down at "Mobile Network". Uncheck that box and the radio will be turned off. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ann is correct, Airplane mode will disable all cell service for the phone and you can then turn on WiFi.

Wildman
Legend

Agreed Anns method is the best way...