How to set up my verizon.net email on my TB
IwannaSeeMore

Brand new to smart phones, so I, as yet am not too smart when it comes to using mine:mansad:. I have tried to set up my phone so I can recieve my VZ.net emails. So far no luck. I went to mail app,then menus, then more(...) then new acct, then verizon.net. filled in blanks user name and password...will not work. Can any one enlighten me as to what is wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to set up my verizon.net email on my TB
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

IwannaSeeMore wrote:

Brand new to smart phones, so I, as yet am not too smart when it comes to using mine:mansad:. I have tried to set up my phone so I can receive my VZ.net emails. So far no luck. I went to mail app,then menus, then more(...) then new acct, then verizon.net. filled in blanks user name and password...will not work. Can any one enlighten me as to what is wrong?

Hi IwannaSeeMore,

I understand your frustration in this process. Please follow the steps below to set up your verizon.net email account. I have also included a link for you. 

http://community.vzw.com/t5/General-Android-Questions/SETTING-UP-VERIZON-NET/ta-p/345678?device-view...

First, you want to select a POP account as the email type. Your incoming settings should be:

Username – your email address up to the @

Password – your email password

POP3 Server – incoming.yahoo.verizon.net Port – 110

Security type – none

The Droid will check the settings and should then bring you to the outgoing settings. If it says the user name and password are incorrect, double-check that they are correct and hit next again. Occasionally, there is a hiccup when you connect, but it clears if you try again.

Now, your outgoing settings should be:

SMTP Server – outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Port – 25

Security type – none

Check Require Sign-in Username Password Click next

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dale2

I have the same problem on my HTC Thunderbolt. I also have forum problems with my original user name. Chek out my post and if you get a response from sone @ verizon let me know. Thanks and good luck.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

IwannaSeeMore wrote:

Brand new to smart phones, so I, as yet am not too smart when it comes to using mine:mansad:. I have tried to set up my phone so I can receive my VZ.net emails. So far no luck. I went to mail app,then menus, then more(...) then new acct, then verizon.net. filled in blanks user name and password...will not work. Can any one enlighten me as to what is wrong?

Hi IwannaSeeMore,

I understand your frustration in this process. Please follow the steps below to set up your verizon.net email account. I have also included a link for you. 

http://community.vzw.com/t5/General-Android-Questions/SETTING-UP-VERIZON-NET/ta-p/345678?device-view...

First, you want to select a POP account as the email type. Your incoming settings should be:

Username – your email address up to the @

Password – your email password

POP3 Server – incoming.yahoo.verizon.net Port – 110

Security type – none

The Droid will check the settings and should then bring you to the outgoing settings. If it says the user name and password are incorrect, double-check that they are correct and hit next again. Occasionally, there is a hiccup when you connect, but it clears if you try again.

Now, your outgoing settings should be:

SMTP Server – outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Port – 25

Security type – none

Check Require Sign-in Username Password Click next

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

0 Likes