How to play MPG's when attached to Gmail message
buschbarber

I have only had my Thunderbolt for a few weeks. I use Gmail as my primary email program. I recently received an email message with two videos attached. One was a WMV and the other was an MPG. When I clicked on PreView, in Gmail, to play the MPG video, I saw a blue bar and the text reading Loading and then I received an error message "Sorry, this type of document is not supported for viewing". I was advised to install ArcMedia. I can download and play an MPG movie with ArcMedia, on the Thunderbolt. There is no option to Download an Attachment, in Gmail, on the Thunderbolt. There is just PreView.

I do not know how to make ArcViewer the default Media Player. When I installed VitalPlayer Neon, and clicked on PreView to play the attached MPG file, it just kept flashing between Portrait and Landscape and did not play anything.

0 Likes
Re: How to play MPG's when attached to Gmail message
philjitsu

Open it under your regular mail not your gmail

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Go to the market application and download the app called "Download All Files" by HwkRbbt Software. Then you can download the attachments from your gmail.

You can thank Wildman, another user on this community, for the tip. I am just passing it on after he gave it to me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
buschbarber

By regular mail, do you mean setting up the Mail icon to pull down Gmail? Does that download my InBox to the Thunderbolt or does it leave it up on the Gmail server like the Gmail app does?

I do not understand why a media player, like ArcMedia, cannot be set as the default so that I can click on Preview and it will launch ArcMedia and play the MPG.

I downloaded and installed Download All Files. Now, when I click on Preview, it allows me to download the MPG, but then I have to open ArcMedia, find the file, and play it. If I just go to the Download folder and double click on the MPG, it will not play.

I do not know how often I will be receiving MPG attachments, but it is very time consuming if I have to Download, OpenArcMedia, and search for the file, each time I want to play it.

0 Likes