How do undo the software update?
thom612

I updated my phone a week or so ago using the "check for new software" feature and ever since my phone has been sucking power and keeps dropping the data connection.  Since it worked like a charm before I would like to just undo this update.  Is there an easy method to accomplish this?

0 Likes
Re: How do undo the software update?
AZSALUKI
Legend

unfortunately, there is no way to undo it. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

At least not "officially".  You have 2 options but I'd do a factory reset first since you'll lose everything with the other two options anyways.  Option 1 is to contact customer service and try to get a replacement (no guarantee that you receive a pre-MR1 device though).  Option 2 is a bit more work but google can tell you how to revert back to the factory firmware.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

At least not "officially".  You have 2 options but I'd do a factory reset first since you'll lose everything with the other two options anyways.  Option 1 is to contact customer service and try to get a replacement (no guarantee that you receive a pre-MR1 device though).  Option 2 is a bit more work but google can tell you how to revert back to the factory firmware.

i didn't realize you could go back to the original firmware, even if you put in "that" work??? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is a new software update that was just released to resolve some of these issues you encountered. The new software will be pushed out over the next week. You can search for it the same way you did the last, but it may not be available until pushed to your phone. Click here for more information about that update.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

There is a new software update that was just released to resolve some of these issues you encountered. The new software will be pushed out over the next week. You can search for it the same way you did the last, but it may not be available until pushed to your phone. Click here for more information about that update.

Is this an update to the update that came out at 8pm last Thursday?????

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

budone wrote:

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Is this an update to the update that came out at 8pm last Thursday?????

no budone, i don't believe so. they only officially announced that it was now being pushed, yesterday (i believe). they posted the pdf on friday, and we all know people were receiving it friday....but i don't think they announced anything until yesterday. there's no way they fixed and pushed a new update in a matter of days....lol.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Well I wondered as the OP states their issues started after already getting the update.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The software update did not begin pushing until 7/8, this post was dated 7/6. Also they stated they updated a week ago. So the original poster and I are referring the previous update. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ahh my bad.... I did not notice the post date.

I got the update last Friday and I was hoping there was not another as this update took care of my issues.

0 Likes