How do I stop constant voicemail notifications?
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since I updated my droid (V. 4.4.3 I  believe) I keep getting notifications that I have a new voicemail even though I don't have any new voicemails. Also, I can't access my voicemail by pressing the Voice Mail app button. Instead it prompts me to install Visual Voice Mail. I decline because I don't want it, and it seems annoying and unnecessary. Even though I decline it keeps prompting me to install it.

Is there anyway to undo this update?  This is not worth the headache.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Constant Voicemail notification after update
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't do the factory reset.  After 2+ hours with both Verizon and HTC support there is a solution. The problem was on Verizons end and was caused by a software conflict between my original voicemail profile/box and their updated voicemail system. Verizon had to delete my original voicemail account and re-install a new one.  I wish they wouldn't force these updates but it's out of our control. 

If you had the same problem I did you'll have to call customer support. I talked to a few different people and ended up talking to the highest tier technician because the person that originally answered didn't have clearance to change voicemail settings.  Hopefully they now know how to fix it and you'll have a quicker fix than I did. It is annoying but fixable without a factory reset. You will be stuck with Visual Voicemail afterwards whether you want it or not though.

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you are experiencing after latest software update lowchroma! I had similar issues when I processed my update and I was able to resolve by doing a factory reset http://vz.to/ZsiixR to the phone. This clears any system conflicts with previous software version, give it a try and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Psmith101

I have the same problem and I refuse to do a factory reset.  There has to be another way.

0 Likes
lowchroma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't do the factory reset.  After 2+ hours with both Verizon and HTC support there is a solution. The problem was on Verizons end and was caused by a software conflict between my original voicemail profile/box and their updated voicemail system. Verizon had to delete my original voicemail account and re-install a new one.  I wish they wouldn't force these updates but it's out of our control. 

If you had the same problem I did you'll have to call customer support. I talked to a few different people and ended up talking to the highest tier technician because the person that originally answered didn't have clearance to change voicemail settings.  Hopefully they now know how to fix it and you'll have a quicker fix than I did. It is annoying but fixable without a factory reset. You will be stuck with Visual Voicemail afterwards whether you want it or not though.

Good luck

0 Likes